Chapter 3

(I don't own Ben 10)

Hey, Tobias! Get off here!

I frowned, "you expect me to hop off of a moving train? Where are you planning on going anyways? I thought you said that you're stuck with me."

Well, yeah. We're going to Bellwood.

I got to my feet and stared at the ground racing past below the train. "Bellwood?"

Look, it's going over the bay. You'll be fine, trust me. You can go Jetray. He's the one that looks like a stingray.

"He'd better be a flyer," I said, turning the dial. I found something that matched Ben's description and held up my wrist to show off the hologram.

Yeah, that's the one.

I slammed my hand down on the dial, turning into the alien.

"How-?"

It's more like gliding.

"How is that-"

Possible?

"Stop doing that," I peered out and stared at the water whipping past below the bridge.

Let the instincts guide you, like you did with Big Chill.

"Speaking of Big Chill-"

I'm not sure how Ace knows so much. I can only read your thoughts. And try not to get ran over, would you? Because I feel your pain. Literally.

"At least let me finish my-"

Sure.

I glared at the spirit. He was smirking, just joking.

I leaped out of the train car. The air caught me, and I let the instincts guide me like Ben had told me to. Jetray proved faster than Big Chill, the ground speeding past below me.

Faster! We can be out of California in no time!

I nearly crashed. Ben was flying beside me in a practically identical form. As usual, he was a little faded, and I could just barely make out the background behind him.

He took the lead, and I followed in his wake. More experienced, he sped forward, and it was a struggle to keep up.

"We're not going all the way to Bellwood, are we?"

He didn't answer.

We had been flying for quite a while by the time we reached Nevada. I shifted my flight path. Ben grumbled, but didn't try to argue against it.

Las Vegas here I come.