Chapter 8

(I don't own Ben 10)

Hey sleeping beauty! This is our stop!

I yawned, blinking the drowsiness out of my eyes and groggily sitting up. Don't call me sleeping beauty.

Shut up and let's go, already!

I raised my left wrist. My shoulder was still a little sore from the beating I got from Z the other day, and I winced as I moved. I activated the omnitrix and scrolled through to Big Chill.

"Big Chill!" I declared. Why do I DO that!?

What, yell? It's a habit of mine. Guess because I'm trapped in the omnitrix, you got some of my traits.

I don't want to be like you!

Ouch.

No, I mean... I want to be me.

No, it's cool. I've met and been my ten year old self and I'm glad you're not like me. Ben flapped his wings. He was always the same alien as I was.

I phased through the Uhaul and didn't become tangible again until I was away from the gas station. I tapped the omnitrix, reverting back to myself, and walked around the corner.

We're almost to Bellwood! Ben sounded extremely excited. Guess I would be, too, if I had a family to miss.

Go Wildmutt! You'll find them quicker.

I did as he said. I couldn't yell out, so it came out as a snarl. I couldn't see, so to speak, but my smell and hearing painted a picture for me.

There! Follow that scent!

As if I could pick out just one! There were so many smells!

No, that one!

Suddenly two intertwining scents were stronger. I had pinpointed them, and Ben had somehow dampened the other scents.

I took off, bounding towards Bellwood.

The town before me seemed familiar. But it was only because of Ben. I've never been here before.

That car!

I lunged forward, running faster to catch up to the green car.

A shrill whistle filled the air, and my paws flew up to protect my hearing. I fell to the ground, yelping, and my momentum sent me tripping and skidding to a stop.

"Bad dog."

Cars screeched to a halt, honks filling the air and piercing my sensitive ears. Z walked right over them, focused on me.

"That was a nice trick you did, getting rid of the tracker. But I'm not an idiot. Of course Ben would lead you to Bellwood."

I growled, and his tail lashed at my back, cutting me off with a shrill yelp. The dog whistle noise hadn't stopped, and my head was starting to pound.

"I really hope you aren't so hardheaded anymore. I really need you to just get knocked out, already."

Fight him! Come on! We're so close!

I snapped at Z, my jaws closing around his leg. My teeth couldn't get past the metal.

Think, Ben! You have to have an alien that can get through metal!

Ben paced back and forth, lunging through Z now and then, as if hoping to land a hit. He stopped short, of course! When Big Chill had its kids, it ate metal!