The Three Queens

Three moons later

Gemlight grabbed a pigeon and watched Millie's kits play, the serenity had finally seem to settle. It turned out the silver beetle on the ice meant what Millie would name her kits.

Icekit, was a white she-kit with blue eyes. Beetlekit was a jet black tom, and Silverkit as a light gray she-kit with green eyes and stripes on her fur.

Heh, Beetlekit looks like that WindClan tom!

The only thing that seemed to threaten the peace in ThunderClan was Harespring accusing ThunderClan of stealing catmint from their territory. Hootcry, a newly made WindClan warrior, told her it was because Harespring's son was dying.

"He had a son?!" Gemlight scoffed. "What she-cat would like a sourpuss like him?"

"You'd be surprised!" Hootcry purred. "Furzepelt had two toms a moon ago! Their names are Toadkit and Ryekit!"

"Which one is dying?" Gemlight asked.

"Ryekit, poor little tom." Hootcry ducked his head. "I should go talk to Harespring, see ya."

Gemlight looked from Millie's kits down to her own body. She remembered.

She was one moon pregnant.

Once Bramblestar found out, he made Cinderheart's kits all apprentices. Hollypaw was given Cloudtail, Sorrelpaw was given to Amberdrop, and Fernpaw chose the path of medicine cat apprentice with Jayfeather mentoring her.

Bramblestar also made Stormpaw a warrior: Stormcloud.

Dovewing was due any sunrise now, Bumblestripe hunted in anticipation of the kits. Gemlight didn't dare breaking the hopes he had, she knew now the kits were Tigerheart's.

She even remembered the conversation between Tigerheart and Dovewing...

Gemlight sneaked out of camp, her plump belly brushing against the plants. It almost gave her away, but Tigerheart stood where he was.

Dovewing showed up as well, Tigerheart purred.

"I hate Bumblestripe so much!" Dovewing growled. "You wouldn't believe what kind of names he wants for the kits!"

"What would those be?" Tigerheart asked simply.

"Petalkit, Ripplekit, SOFTKIT!" Dovewing snarled. "Honestly, I would've never fell for him if I knew he was such a she-tom!"

"Well, mating with him is enough to cover up the fact they're my kits." Tigerheart replied. "But you're right, he is pathetic."

"Soon, they'll be yours." Dovewing smiled. "Bumblestripe will never have them."

Gemlight kept still on four paws, even though she felt her developing kits wiggle inside of her. A sharp kick inside her belly made her bump into the tree in front of her.

"Wha?" Dovewing looked in Gemlight's direction and unsheathed her claws.

"Gemlight!" Tigerheart growled. "I know you're expecting kits! You want harm to come their way?!"

"No future father would ever say that to a Queen." Gemlight growled, stepping out of her hiding spot. "Bumblestripe is being played for a fool, I know another cat in ThunderClan loves him."

"Rosepetal?!" Dovewing scoffed. "She had a crush on Foxleap and Toadstep, she only wants Bumblestripe because those two are dead!"

"She's a real she-cat." Gemlight found herself defending a she-cat she only knew for a few moons. "Whatever you say, at least her heart's in the right place."

Gemlight unsheathed her claws.

"And so what if she had crushes in the past? Who doesn't?" Gemlight lashed her tail. "Get out, Tigerheart. You have your own Clan to take care of."

Gemlight walked away a few paces and turned to look at Dovewing.

"I'm your deputy." Gemlight growled. "You come back with me or Bumblestripe will know."

"Rosepetal, lead Ivypool, Poppyfrost, and Spiderleg on the border patrol near WindClan."

Bramblestar watched as Rosepetal looked at Bramblestar with delicate green eyes and nodded. She walked away silently.

"Mousewhisker." Bramblestar meowed.

Mousewhisker walked away from sharing tongues with Lilyheart. "Yes?"

"Make sure your sister eats today." Bramblestar ordered. "After fresh-kill is taken to the elders and queens, get the biggest piece left to take to her."

"Yes, Bramblestar." Mousewhisker replied, he dashed back over to Lilyheart's side.

They're still scared of me

"HELP!" a sharp voice cracked the brief silence in the camp.

Dovewing was having her kits.

"JAYFEATHER!" Bramblestar yelled.

Jayfeather appeared out of medicine cat's den and gave Fernpaw a few commands before disappearing into the Nursery. Jayfeather cast a glance at Gemlight before running into the Nursery.

"Where's Gemlight?" Bramblestar growled.

"Right here, Bramblestar." Gemlight sighed. "I already know, stay in your den."

"Dovewing!" Bumblestripe cried. He tried to push past Jayfeather.

"Let me in!" Bumblestripe growled.

"GET OUT!" Dovewing roared at Bumblestripe. Bumblestripe flinched and backed off.

"It's just hormones." Birchfall reassured Bumblestripe. "She'll be fine."

Gemlight unsheathed her claws and glared in the direction of the Nursery.

It's not hormones, she really hates him.

Hollypaw entered the den where Gemlight rested.

"What is it, Hollypaw?" Gemlight asked.

"We found a ShadowClan cat on our territory!" Hollypaw cried. "Me and Sorrelpaw did!"

Gemlight got up quickly, fear shooting up her whole body.

Tigerheart must've heard Dovewing's screams, what if she did that on purpose to call him?

"I'll send a patrol-"

"NO!" Hollypaw snapped. "You must go alone, he caught Sorrelpaw!"

Gemlight lifted off the ground, and tripped and crawled out of camp. She saw Bramblestar send off more patrols of cats eager to leave the screaming fox-brain behind them.

He'll be fine without me, and Dovewing certainly will survive, that little cheat

Gemlight caught Hollypaw staring intently at her and Gemlight left to look for Tigerheart and Sorrelpaw.

She warily worked her way towards the ShadowClan and gave a puzzled look.

Where's Tigerheart?

Gemlight heard a sharp snarl behind her. She held back a scream and turned to see who it was.

It was a huge fox.