Bumbly Road

The next day had arrived for the ThunderClan cats quite smoothly.

Except for one.

"Dovewing!" Bumblestripe called toward the moor.

"She's not there!" Gemlight meowed beside him.

Bumblestripe narrowed his eyes at her.

"Aren't you supposed to be with your kits?" Bumblestripe asked.

"Stormcloud's watching them because I'm the only one who knows where Dovewing at her kits are at." Gemlight explained.

"Where?" Bumblestripe meowed, his eyes wide.

"...ShadowClan, with Tigerheart." Gemlight replied.

Bumblestripe gave a puzzled look.

"OH! He kidnapped them?!" Bumblestripe hissed, to which Gemlight shook her head.

"They followed him there-"

"To avoid getting hurt if they didn't listen to his demands!" Bumblestripe concluded. "I'll ask Brackenfur if I could lead a patrol over to there to save them!"

The tom took off before Gemlight could say another word.

"Brackenfur, I...have to leave."

The deputy walked in the leader's den and stopped when he heard the words.

"What?! Forever?" Brackenfur whispered.

"No, I have to find Squirrelflight." Bramblestar explained. "And bring her back."

"But she's dead I thought!" Brackenfur replied.

"I don't...think she is." Bramblestar muttered guiltily. "I'll be back eventually, but till then, you're in charge."

"Will do." Brackenfur puffed his chest and walked out of the leader's den and Bramblestar followed.

"All cats that can hunt come here!" Bramblestar meowed, seeing Gemlight and Bumblestripe coming from the moor side. "I'm leaving to find Squirrelflight!"

Gemlight looked away and went into the Nursery, Bramblestar was shaken by how little she seemed to care.

Does she not love me anymore?

"And hopefully, I will return with her to camp." Bramblestar added. "I will go now, Brackenfur is in charge till I come back."

Bramblestar slowly left camp, and stopped.

I'm leaving my kits behind to find a she-cat that I hate...

But this is what StarClan told me to do, I must head to Twolegplace.

Bramblestar sent a silent prayer that StarClan protect his kits, then he left.

"Brackenfur!"

Gemlight saw Bumblestripe run to the deputy with eyes shining.

"Gemlight told me that Dovewing and our kits are in ShadowClan!" Bumblestripe hissed. "They were kidnapped!"

Gemlight winced at Bumblestripe's obliviousness to the situation, that they weren't his kits NOR were they kidnapped.

He would have to learn the hard way.

"Is this true Gemlight?" Brackenfur meowed.

"They are in ShadowClan, yes." Gemlight replied.

"We'll take a patrol to escort them back." Brackenfur announced. "Gemlight, Ivypool, Berrynose, Lilyheart, Whitewing, Bumblestripe, Rosepetal, and me."