Cinder's New Home

Bramblestar continued his journey through Twolegplace, the snow becoming big piles as he progressed through, looking for a certain firey orange pelt.

I must bring her back to ThunderClan, make things right with StarClan.

A blizzard started to brew heavily, making Bramblestar begin to lose sight of what was ahead, hissing in frustration.

He saw lots of cats retreat to their nests and desperately looked for Squirrelflight with no luck. He ran needing to find an old burrow or anything to stay in till the blizzard stopped.

He saw a certain gray and white she-cat digging snow up in one spot towards the forest. He couldn't believe his eyes.

"Cinderheart?" Bramblestar meowed, voice shaken.

The she-cat looked at him in shock.

"It's Cinder now." She meowed blankly, then continuing digging. "My mate and kits are still in the burrow, I got to dig the entrance out."

"Let me help." Bramblestar said, joining Cinder in the digging.

"Cinder?" A tom meowed from the snow. "The kits are getting cold."

She's already moved on from Lionblaze and their kits, I can hardly believe it.

"Bruno, we're almost there." Cinder purred.

"We're?" Bruno echoed.

"An old friend of mine has showed up." Cinder meowed. "My first litter is alright?"

Bramblestar curled his nose up at the blatant lie, thinking back to her pregnant daughters, who now seem to be dead to her.

Cinder pushed back the last clump of snow, revealing a orange and white tom with four kits at his belly.

Bramblestar blinked at took a minute to look at Cinder's new litter outside the Clan: a tortoiseshell she-kit, a dark orange tom, a grey and black tom, and a gray and white she-kit.

"That's a plentiful litter." Bramblestar commented. "What're their names?"

"Sun for the orange tom, Jay for the gray tom, Cream for the gray she-kit, and Dandelion for the tortie." Cinder explained.

So she hasn't completely forgotten, but she no longer cares.

"They're beautiful." Bruno purred. "I'm so glad to have the privilege of being a father."

"I bet." Bramblestar meowed, holding back bitterness in his voice. "I need a place to stay till the blizzard passes."

"Well, you're more than welcome!" Bruno chirped. "It'll be extra warm with more body heat in here."

Cinder gave a slow nod, moving to Bruno's side with their kits.

"Have you seen Squirrelflight Cinder?" Bramblestar finally asked.

"I try not to." Cinder muttered. "Her and her new friends are always stirring up trouble, it's why I had to move to the forest."

"Best decision you've made, dear." Bruno said lovingly. "You met me here."

"Yeah, true." Cinder meowed dully, making Bramblestar raise his eyes at her in surprise to her unenthusiastic tone.

He turned away from them and curled up in an attempt to get as warm as he could.

StarClan, I hope I'm making the right decision bringing Squirrelflight back to ThunderClan.

...