Coming Back

Bramblestar still was walking through big clumps of snow, but at least the blizzard had stopped.

It should be easier now to find Squirrelflight. Unless she's with the other kittypets.

Bramblestar stopped when he saw several kittypets chasing a smaller white kittypet looking riled up as they chased her on the Thunderpath.

Bramblestar's heart stopped when he saw Squirrel leading them, going the fastest out of all of them.

"Stop Olivia!" Squirrel snarled at the she-cat. "You know what happens you steal food from us!"

The white cat tried to run as fast as she could, but unfortunately her plump figure made her progress just a little slower than the cats chasing her.

She stumbled and tripped on the Thunderpath, the Thunderpath tore clumps from her fur and she landed into a set of bushes next to it.

The gang that Squirrel was leading was closing in on the wounded she-cat. Even Bramblestar knew the wrongness of killing a defenseless kittypet.

"STOP!"

Bramblestar leaped between his former mate and the kittypet.

"Squirrelflight?" Bramblestar whispered.

"Her name is Squirrel." One of the cats hissed.

Squirrel didn't reply, just stood in surprise and wonder looking at Bramblestar.

"What're you doing here?" Squirrel gasped.

"Well, to take you home." Bramblestar blurted out. The other cats looked at each other.

"What? She lives here!" A gray tabby tom spat angrily.

"I...no, I was a part of ThunderClan." Squirrel admitted.

"You said you weren't!" Another cat yowled.

"Get her!" Several cats shouted.

Bramblestar and Squirrel took off with the latter ahead leading in a certain direction.

"Where are we going?!" Bramblestar called to her as they kept running.

"I need to bring someone with us to ThunderClan!" Squirrel replied.

Not a mate, right?

They kept running till they stopped at one of the Twoleg nests.

"Jocelyn!" Squirrel called. Moments passed before a dark grey she-cat appeared from the cat flap.

"Squirrel! Who's that?!" Jocelyn gasped.

"Bramblestar, leader of ThunderClan." Bramblestar growled.

"Come with us." Squirrel meowed.

"Oh, but our Twolegs!" Jocelyn protested.

"Join us please." Squirrel persisted again. "Or you won't see me again."

"Oh, okay." Jocelyn looked reluctant to do so but she turned to Bramblestar and Squirrel and followed them.

They kept going onward sniffing the air for the gang that was chasing Squirrel.

They all tensed and showed their claws when a cat appeared in front of them.

"Wait stop!" The cat gasped. "It's me, Olivia!"

"You stole food from me!" Squirrel hissed.

"I couldn't starve after my Twolegs kicked me out!" The she-cat gasped. "Please! Let me go with you!"