Banish

A girl on Instagram named Samantha sent this to me! I love it! If you have fan art, send it to me through Instagram, (Shuckoffgreenie) and I will be sure to add it to my chapters ❤️

  The usual hustle and bustle of the morning is set around the Glade as I walk outside, greeted by the grey skies and dry grass. Everyone seems to have eaten already, guess I wasn't up in time. I make my way to Frypan's kitchen, where he is already preparing for lunch.

  "Hey! Looks like your'e doing better huh?" He says, while he continues to cut up lettuce.

  "Water, and food?" My voice catches in my throat.

  "Of course." He gets me a large plastic cup of water and some soup from last night.

  "Thanks." I croak out.

  "I assume you're wondering where Newt is?" Frypan snickers.

  I look up at him, nodding.

  "He's with Alby. Probably in the Gathering room, the one with all the chairs. I would wait a little though, go ahead and get to work. Alby is in a really pissed mood."

  I finish eating and help Frypan clean up the kitchen before heading out to meet Zart at the gardens.

  "Nice to see ya back on your feet," Zart said, slapping me on the back. "Let's get to work."

  Zart and I checked up on the tomatoes, almost ripe. In the meantime, we harvested some corn and pulled weeds. So. Many. Weeds. God I wish I was a Runner. Mapping and finding a way out of it seems so much more exciting and useful than this.

  After an hour of work, I decide to get some water for us. As I walk back to the kitchen, a familiar, soothing voice rings in my ears.

  "Olivia?"

  I stop dead in my tracks. Turn around quickly to see Newt. A smile is spread across his face, and he looks like he hasn't seen me since we were kids.

  I can't help the cheesy grin spreading across my face as he limps towards me.

  "I'm so relieved you're okay," He embraces me into a cautious hug, running his fingers through my hair. I wrap my arms around his back and bury my head into his warm chest. "How are you feeling?"

  "I'm fine, hurts to talk though." I reply, still hugging and swaying to an unheard beat.

  "I thought you were going to die, Olivia."'His voice cracks, and I can hear the tears coming from his eyes.

  "No, no I am here. I'm here," I say, rubbing his back.

  "I couldn't live with myself,"

nWe stay like that for a minute or two before he whispers into my ear, "I have to go, love. I'll let Alby know you're doing okay. And you'll keep getting better. I can't wait to hear your sweet, soft voice." He lets go of me and kisses my cheek. Once he steps away, I get our water and head back to work with Zart.