Part 1

Wednesday, ugh what a weird day. It's not the horrible Monday everyone dreads but it's definitely not the beloved Friday everyone cherished. Friday marks the beginning of the weekend. Parties and barbecues. Going to the lake and spending time with family.  Wednesday, however, has this way of dragging out and lasting way longer than necessary.  Or it's just me. When you feel like hours have past and you look at the clock and its been 3 minutes.

I was on my way home, driving my temperamental yet dependable truck on my usual route. Bumping along the pot hole riddled asphalt, the pastures of neighboring ranches wiz by.

The only highlight of my day lately, was coming up and it- or he, never fails to make me smile. Or grin...and sigh...and dream late at night. For months now, on my way home I passed by the most gorgeous man I've ever seen on his daily run. Always with his shirt off, whether it was December or May.

Mouthwatering, he is. Biceps bigger than my leg, pecs you could land a plane on and a stomach made for doing laundry.

I have lots of laundry I could do.

He was way out of my league that was for sure.  But that was ok, I can look and drool all I want. I know he runs a long way because I pass him along a 10 mile stretch, depending on how late I was leaving my office, always placed him on different spots of the of our route. He always gives me a little wave but never actually looks up. Sometimes he runs with earbuds in, which makes me wonder what kind of music he is running to.

Gawd!

I wish he would look up so I could solve the mystery of what color his eyes were. He was deeply tanned as if he is normally outside alot. I'm naturally tanned skinned but only because of my heritage. I sometimes have flashes in my mind of how we would look, tangled in bed, sweaty and out of breath.

Woooo! That was about the time I have to swip my chin and remove the drool.

Time to stop that train of thought!

I probably would never get the chance but a girl could fantasize right? And fantasize I do, I hadn't had a boyfriend in over a year and after that fiasco, I am so not ready for another! So me and my battery operated friend and my fantasies of the hunk on the road, keep me warm at night for now. Well, that and my huge dog. At least someone loves me unconditionally.

Not too shabby. I've had hit a dry spell for a couple of months where not even my fingers  could get me off. But then one day I came across him out running and thats all it took. 

I've named him Mr. Yummy in my mind.

Visions of his hands and mouth on me and BAM, Audrey got her groove back. 

Ok, Auds, focus, your driving here!

My parents died when I was 12. They went on vacation and a scenic bluff they were standing on collapsed with 9 other people. My mother had also been 6 months pregnant with my baby brother. A brother I would only get to meet as they lowered my family into the ground.

So it was just me now.

I worked two jobs for year and saved up enough money and took enough out in student loans to put myself through college. My parents hadn't started saving for college yet and we barely had enough to cover their burials. But, now I held a degree in animal science and was one of the few large animals veterinarians in the county.

While my clinic does the normal cats, dogs, bunnies and such, my heart and soul in in working with horses and cattle.

I had recently purchased a 10 acre plot outside of town even though my dream is to own a bigger place and run an equine rescue.

One day, I promise myself. I've just now have gotten myself in the black after paying off student loans and getting the clinic updated and going. I am a hard worker and don't want anything I don't earn myself. I only allow myself realistic dreams and stop at nothing to achieve them. That way I would never be disappointed and it works for me.

Today was a unusually busy day at the clinic and I look forward to going home and putting my feet up with a bowl of peanut butter, chocolate ice cream. Snuggle up to my baby boy Julius.

Ok, Julius was a 160 pound English Mastiff who, despite his size, seems to think he was a lap dog. He was a rescue 'mutt' someone had called me about. He almost starved to death when his owners decided to leave country life behind and moved to the city...without him, no food, no water. I had driven through a blizzard to get him and was almost convinced he would eat me before they got home. The movie Cujo was flashing through my mind the drive home.

He had warmed up to me almost immediately but seems to be afraid of men. Anytime a man approached he will raise his hackles and bark his big heart out. Of course, Julius would never bite but when someone was faced with a huge dog they usually don't even try.

But the good news was, I sleep well at night and know my house would never get broken into! Keep on driving crooks!

BANG!

"What the hell?" I mutter to myself as I look around and check my mirrors.

Before I can even get the words out fully, I feel the thump thump of a blown out tire.

Great! I had just purchased brand new tires so I must have picked up something in it on the road.

Ugh!

Not what I envisioned doing right about now, but that's the way life goes!

At least it wasn't 110 degrees outside this time. It seemed like the weather here goes from winter straight into summer with a brief hint of spring.

Back in the day, I had had a roommate that taught me almost all he knew about cars, starting with checking my fluids and changing tires. He made me change it in front of him, time and time again, even going as far as timing me.

Of course, I had always been too slow but I always got the job done and done right, so he didn't complain too much.

"Don't be a victim...ever" I remember him saying and so the lessons had begun. Thank God for Roger!

So I pull over, get on the ground, lower the spare out from under my nasty, dirty truck and start loosening the lug nuts.

Just another day in my world. If it isn't one thing it's another.

****
Hope you like Chapter 1 and continue the fun with the other chapters. Please comment your thoughts and don't forget to vote! XOXO!