Epilogue

Six years later...

"Come on Jake, lets race the girls to the house!" Dylan was on his favorite gelding with Jake in front of him in the saddle. 

I was behind them with Katy Beth in front of me on my mare. 

"Not too fast daddy!" I exclaimed while Katy Beth giggled. 

Both horses settled into an easy trot back to the house. 

We dismounted, unsaddled and groomed the horses. Jake led the gelding and Katy Beth led the mare back to the paddock. 

My arms are settled around my husband's waist and I had my head resting against on his chest, watching our children.  His hand was stroking my back soothingly.

"Hey guys! Come see the surprise in the barn!" Frank calls out getting all of our attention.

"What is it, Papa?!" The twins called as they rushed to him. Dylan  and I follow slowly, hand in hand. 

Frank had gotten Julius a girlfriend and Dylan had an idea that the long awaited pups were here. 

Sure enough, in the back stall was Julius' mate, Juliet and their 10 pups. The kids named the female mastiff. 

As Dylan and I came into the stall, the kids were picking up and holding a pup each. They were picking their favorites and giving them names. 

I halt and tug on Dylan's hand, making him face me.  I'm grinning up at him and he's got a confused but wondering look on his handsome face.

"Looks like everyone's having babies around here." I said but didn't continue. 

"Oh? Who is pregnant now?" Dylan says laughing. It seemed like a baby boom had settled in their county as neighbors and friends either had just had a baby or were recently announcing their pregnancies. 

I don't answer and slowly saw it sink into Dylan. He stops laughing and places his hand over my flat stomach asking,

"Auds?"

"Yep, looks like in 8 months or so we will have another baby." I finally give in and confirm. 

"Or babies! Babe! Frank! Did you hear? We are pregnant!" Dylan says and then starts swinging me around. 

"I really hope it's just one but I will be happy either way!" I reply. 

"Wilma told me but it wasn't my place to share." Frank says with a wink. 

"Uh! How did she know! I just found out!" I said miffed. 

"She always knows these things. She knew when Juliet was pregnant before we did, remember?"

Dylan pulls me out of the stall and frames his hands around my face so my eyes are glued on his. 

"I love you, Audrey. To the moon and back. Thank you for making all my dreams come true."

"I love you, too. Thank you for being the best father and best friend a girl could have."

The End