Chapter 5

A/N: Mystrade time!

LESTRADE'S P.O.V

"... Greg? Parlez-vous français?" Madam Abel's sharp voice snapped me out of yet another daydream. What was wrong with me? This had to be the third time I was thinking about a certain Holmes brother this lesson.

"Uh... oui madame." I stammered out quickly.

"...êtes-vous sûr?"

"Oui madame."

"Then pay attention!" Her unnecessarily loud voice could bring someone in a coma back into reality. I nodded and fixed my face into a mask of someone paying attention.

I let my mind wander, and thought about the football practise this afternoon.

Me playing in the game.

People watching from the stands.

Mycroft watching from the stands.

Mycroft.

Mycroft.

I shook my head, and fixed my features again into the mask. I couldn't stop thinking about him. I don't know what happened; I guess one day I was in the bathroom, brushing my teeth, then Mycroft came in and I dropped my toothbrush, and when he picked it up and gave it to me our hands brushed each other and I went bright red.

After 5 years together (Year 7 to 11), we had a platonic relationship, and it suited us fine. Yeah, sure, I mean we did get closer eventually, but I still have no idea what's going to happen.

I looked down to find myself carving a 'GL 4 MH' in the underside of the wooden table. I immediately covered my hand with it, and tried paying attention to the teacher.

When the bell finally rang, I headed back to my dorm for an hour. All I wanted to do was lie on my bed, sleep for an hour, then continue the rest of my day in silent agony.

No such luck.

As the room temperature suddenly soared,  and I was in the midst of taking my shirt off and collapsing on the bed, the door opened whilst the shirt was stuck over my head. I turned my head to the sound and head dived for the bed. Or, I tried to.

As I dived for the bed, I misjudged (due to being blind with a shirt covering my face and my arms in the air) and hit my head on the bed post.

"Shit!" I bounced back and fell against the wall. I heard a soft chuckle, then hands gripping me tight and pulling me up. Someone pulled the shirt off, and soon I was staring into Mycroft's eyes. His dark eyes searched mine for a second, then he carefully threw the shirt onto the bed.

"Are you okay?" He asked, just a bit humorously. I reddened slightly, and chuckled.

"Yeah, I'm fine. I was just, uh, taking my shirt off because I wanted to sleep, and then you came in, and I just kinda... heh..." I trailed off, noticing that Mycroft kept glancing at my torso briefly.

"Oh my God, I forgot, let me just put a shirt on..." I half expected him to protest, but he turned away and went in the bathroom. I sighed, and put my shirt back on before collapsing half on the bed, half off. I heard the bathroom door open and close, and heard him leave the dorm. I groaned out loud, and turned over, on my side, to stare at the wall.

Ha.

Ha ha.

What is it? I asked myself. My unconsciousness was laughing.

Mycroft took your shirt off.

I smiled.