Chapter 13

A/N: Wow guys. 500 reads. You guys are AMAZING!

SHERLOCK'S P.O.V

THE NEXT DAY

I threw my shoes off, opened the window, looked down at the pool underneath, and perched on the ledge, my legs hanging limply. The good thing was the area surrounding was out of bounds, except when people swam here after school, or very rarely in PE lessons. This meant no students would see more, or more specifically teachers.

Not that I'd care.

I carefully closed the window a bit so I could lean back against it. I leant back and closed my eyes. The breeze was willowing slightly over my face, and I could hear the trees swaying gently. I checked my watch. 13:12. I inwardly groaned; there was only 8 minutes of lunch left. I opened my eyes, then closed them again.

Instantly John's face materialised in my vision.

My eyes flickered open.

What... what were these... these emotions? Whenever I thought about John I-- well, what felt like it-- swelled with happiness a bit. Whenever someone mentioned John and I overheard them, I instantly wanted to hang back. Another new feeling sprung up. Confusion.

For someone like me who had spent their entire life in solitude, when the solitude disappears everything changes.

The moment I thought about my life, my childhood memories came up. Not only the solitude, but the shunning, avoiding and retorting. The freak with no father. The freak with no friends. The freak with no life.

Particular incidents appeared out of nowhere in my memory, and then dissipated, like wisps of fog. Unconsciously I gripped the stone ledged so tight it forced the grain on my palms. I closed my eyes, breathed out, and attempted to go to my mind palace.

Only to relive last night and this morning.

Nothing spectacular had happened, but it was when something... changed between John and I. Or maybe it was just me.

 THE PREVIOUS NIGHT

After I found John in the bathroom, and after John's sobs wracked and shuddered his body for 10 minutes, they eventually subsided, and I just held him for an hour. I had let my mind wander, and the only things I could think of was the blood on John's hands and the floor, his head resting under my chin, his shaking hands.

It was quite an experience.

After what seemed like hours, I eventually nudged John awake, and told him he needed to go to the school nurse. I almost changed my mind when I saw his tear-streaked face, his trembling hands, and his wide brown eyes, but he needed the medical attention. I slowly stood up, and helped him up. I checked my watch. 23:01. I could still hear the party continuing on downstairs. It was idiotic, from my point of view; who would spend a few hours partying after winning the first match of the season? And then I remembered; this was the first match they'd won in a couple of years.

"John. We need to take you to the school nurse."

"N-no, Sherlock, it's-- it's okay, I'll just--"

"No." I said firmly. "You're going." With my arm around his neck, and his hands cradled in front of his chest, I paused to check if the hallway and stairs were clear. An idea sprung into my formulated mind. I quickly spun around, careful of John's pain, and grabbed a towel from the floor. I placed it carefully over John's hands, making sure that the blood was covered. John managed a small smile, and whispered a thanks.