Chapter 7

I've decided to go ahead and try Molly's POV as a one-shot :)

MOLLY'S P.O.V.

I was just sorting out my files on the computer when Sherlock came in. I jumped slightly, and blushed, as always, and nervously stumbled up to meet him.

"Oh, hello Sherlock!" Way to go, Molly, because that's original.

"Oh hi Molly, I was just wondering whether I could see a friend of mine, Carl?" I couldn't stop staring at his curls. I so wanted to say yes, to let him do another one of his experiments, but I knew I wasn't supposed to, and there was no way I could let him see a 15 year old's body.

I shuffled about on my feet a bit.

 "Um, well, I d-don't think I'm allowed, I- I mean..." I faltered when I saw the look on his face. His perfect Cupid's Bow lips were pouting slightly, only slightly, so it didn't seem childish, and eyebrows fell downcast. I immediately changed my mind.

"Well, um, I think I could maybe let you see Carl, but, um, my supervisor will be coming back soon, so, um, I can only let you see him for a few minutes, if that's okay?" He immediately smiled, and gave me a hug. I blushed, but let my light brown fringe fall down to cover it. I let him follow me, and that's when I noticed the other boy.

"Sorry, but... um... what's your name?" I asked him nervously. I didn't want to seem mean, but I needed to take his name just in case Sherlock did something wrong... which I'm sure he wouldn't do.

"Oh yes, hi, yes, hello, I'm John. John Watson." The sandy-haired boy stuck out his hand, and I gladly shook it.

"Hi, I'm Molly Hooper. I'm taking work experience here. I know it's a bit morbid, but it's nice, really. It's fun." He raised his eyebrows at me, and I replayed what I had just said. "Oh, God-- I- I didn't--"

"No, it's okay, I understand what you mean." He smiled, and I followed his gaze toward Sherlock, who had already pulled out evidence and was examining.

"So, are you Sherlock's friend?" I asked. Sherlock didn't bring anyone normally. It was just him and I; which I found okay, really.

"Hmm? Oh, no, I don't think so, I think; I'm his roommate. We go to Baskerville...?"

"Oh yes," I replied eagerly. It was nice to talk to a boy who wasn't laughing at me. "I've visited Sherlock over there, a few times, actually, just in case if there was something he might like."

"So, are you a-- are you together, you and him?" I was startled; I think that came out of nowhere.

"Me, and him? Oh, no, he just comes to me, or I just go to him, if he thinks there's something here worth doing." I paused for a second, and reviewed my words again. "Wait, I didn't mean he would do me, but if- as in if there was something he could examine."

"Ah." He paused for a moment. "Does he bring many people here?"

"No, not really. Like I said, he comes alone, and if he wants me, he can have me. No-- wait-- I mean-- if he--when he need--"

"It's okay, I know what you mean." He smiled again, and walked down to join Sherlock. I followed after him. I took a deep breath- this was my first attempt at asking out Sherlock.

"So, um, Sherlock, I was wondering, maybe later when you're finished--"

"You're wearing lipstick. You weren't wearing it yesterday." He looked at my lips, this is a good sign, right Molly? At least he noticed the lipstick and not the cat hairs you couldn't get off, right?

"I... um... I refreshed it a bit."

"Sorry, you were saying?"

I took a deep breath, and said it. The infamous words I had replayed over and over again in my head recently.

"I was wondering if you'd like to have coffee." There. You've said it.

"Black. Two sugars. I'll be upstairs."

Oh.

 Sherlock paused. "Also, you might want a better coat brusher-- you've still got cat hairs on your jumper."

Oh.