The Snow Fox in Distress

Now before you start I must state some facts. Yes, I am aware of my tedious writing. Trust me, I know. This is a quick write, or so it became, as well as the first thing I've written in years. If you want to leave criticism, please do, I always love hearing my wrongdoings. Finally, please be patient with these first chapters, Enjoy!

Quote of chapter- "Your ears don't make you a demon, your actions do."
~Rysen Shackle

My eyes flickered open as I rose from the warmth of my blankets. The moonlight glistened through my window and lit up my empty room. The moonlight also showed that it was still night. The clock at my side said 11:48 pm, Friday, December 18th,2015.
I rolled out of bed and headed down stairs. After walking down 14 steps I passed my side door and entered the kitchen. The room wasn't lit up by the moon like mine so I had to search for the light switch. After a minute of fumbling along the wall I came into contact with the switch.
A bright void of light filled the room and I started making food for myself. I went into the fridge and took out some milk. Setting it on the counter, I grabbed a bowl and took out the cereal from the cabinet next to me.
As the bits of cereal fell into the bowl I opened the curtains that blocked the only natural light source. Once the bowl was filled I poured the milk in. The milky white liquid splashed as it hit the bits of oats and slid past to meet at the bottom. I threw in a utensil and began to eat.
A few minutes later I threw the bowl into the sink and returned to my room. As I listened to my surroundings I realized the quiet, it was very eerie. No sounds of wind, cars, or anything. I ignored the unsettling feeling and turned my computer on.
The screen burst into colors as it turned on. Along with the boot up screen a high pitched yelp echoed through the air. I quickly threw my head toward the direction, my window.
I ran down the stairs and out the side door. Through the gated fence and into my backyard. I froze as I turned the corner...

The moonlight illuminated the ground in a clear white making this sight easy to spot. A knife, one that was small. The blood, red and leaking from an animal. The animal, a snow like fox that had splatters of blood on its bright fur.
I ran inside as quickly as possible rummaging through supplies. I grabbed some rags, a towel, and a long bandage. I returned back outside after stuffing the rags in my pockets, and carrying the rest in my hands. I slid over to the fox and started to examine the wound created.
A small dagger like knife was stabbed into the fox, the knife wasn't to deep in the fox to hit a vital organ. The only problem right then was blood loss. The puddle of blood wasn't too large, but the fox was still losing more.
As I went to pat its head, it opened its eyes wide and snapped at me. I jumped back just in time, but it still slashed part of my arm. I held my hand out, and slowed my movement. I stared calmly into the fox's golden eyes.

"It's ok... I'm just here to help." My words were dead calm even though I was in quite a panic.

The fox's breathing calmed a little and it turned its head towards my hand. It took a few sniffs and laid it's head back down on the ground. I continued to move slowly and kneeled next to the snowy fox. I patted the body of the fox to see if anything else was damaged. No reaction appeared so I guess it's just the knife.

"This is going to hurt." I said to the fox.

I took a tight grip on the knife. Looking at the fox, I noticed something odd. It was preparing for the pain. Its eyes were tightly closed, and it had its teeth clenched. This fox was very intelligent, it knew how to prepare for pain...
I prepared myself again to take the knife out. My other hand was on the fox's side. With a hard pull the knife slipped out easily. The fox's eyes opened wide with pain and it bite down as hard as it could. I took the bandages from my side and started to wrap it around the bloody opening.
The fox started to breathe rapidly, in small pants. I gently pet its head once I was done bandaging it. As I pet its head the breathing of the fox calmed and returned to an original state.