The Bond of the Stargazers

All the images dissipated and I was brought back to my room where I was still paralyzed stiff. I was able to move my right hand and fingers. I wrapped my hand around the card deck that looked different in all forms; shape, color, images, and size. As I gained control over my body I stood up.

What did I just see? I questioned myself.

As I set the cards down on my desk by the computer a weak burning sensation started to cover my arm. I looked down to see a small image forming slowly on the top of my hand. As the burning began to escalate in pain Rain jolted awake and sat straight up. Her eyes were wide with surprise.
The pain reached its climax which left me on the floor clutching my hand, and Rain rolling off the bed and onto the ground. Seconds later the pain reverted to nothing. We both stood up still holding our own hands.
Rain was the first to remove her hand. Her jaw dropped as she looked at the mark. "A.. A Stargazer King contract!? What the hell? Why are we bonded by one?" Her eyes widened even further, "Who applied the contract?! Who!" She yelled at me.

The golden eyes that turned lifeless before me was no doubt Rain's mother... I stuttered knowing the answer, "I... I.. I don't know." I then looked down in shame, the mark on my hand resembled that of a fox embedded by fire.

She looked dissatisfied by my answer but, continued, "Why do we have these though. This one is..." She quickly licked her own hand, "A emotion contract? Of all things. Oh there's something else too but I don't know what it is. Here let me see your hand." Rain said approaching me. I held it out for her to inspect. "Yours is embedded in fire like mine..."

"Is that good?" I asked confused with her small panic.

Her words were said rapidly, "Well, that all depends on the people." She turned away, "If any drastic emotion is felt, that feeling is sent to the other person. These emotions include Depression, enrage, joy, l.. Love and mental pain. It's a curse and a blessing."

My phone began to ring as she finished her sentence. Pulling it up to my ear with a swift movement, I said, "Hello?"

"Hey Rysen, are you coming to the party? Sorry I didn't ask sooner but, everyone's going to be here. Abby, Christopher, Jamie, and myself of course." Matthew asked.

"Didn't I already answer you through the email?"

"Email? I didn't send one."

"Oh well umm, I have plan for now, so I won't be coming." I said.

"Alright, come by on Christmas Day then, if you can at least."

"I'll see if I can."

We both said our goodbyes and then hung up.

"Hey Rysen, we have been bonded by this contract before we met... How and why would we have one, this is too real.. If you ask me... Someone wanted us together. Do you know anyone who would want that? It's just that... I really want to know why we were connected by a emotion contract. I mean.. Never mind.. Well anyways lets fight again, it's safer to unlock your weapon soon."

I nodded in reply and felt a pain in my heart again. The aching pain of loneliness, the same that formed last night. It wasn't my pain either... Why is Rain so lonely? Why is it that I felt her pain before the contract completely formed though? The night she fell asleep along side me, and the morning after I hugged her.. The pain that sunk its flaring fangs into my heart. It hurts...
Rain started to walk out of the room and as she did I let out a heavy breath. A tear rolled down my face as I clutched my chest. The tight tensions of my chest tried to naw at the pain slowly, but inevitably the lonesome pain overpowered my clutches and began to suffocate me.
My breath was caught in my throat, the pain.. The pain only continued to drown me. Rain turn around the corner to see me struggling to breath. She rushed to my side and tumbled onto me, and tightly wrapped her arms around me, trembling in fear. Through her tears she called, "Not again, please not again!" She burrowed her face into my chest, "Please not again!"
I coughed two times and began to breath again. I put my hand softly on Rain's head and gently pet her. She tightened her grip and began to softly cry. I sat up with Rain still lean against me. She shook ferociously in fear, and didn't stop crying.
I stood up and patted Rain's head to ensure that I was safe. She then released me from her clutches and began to back away. She then, tripped over her own footing and started to fall. I quickly reached out and grabbed her hand. I yanked her back up gently and walked over to my door.