The Manor of Disguise

Rysen Shackle's prospective. I also apologize for future content in this chapter. It may be hard to understand what is happening, I'll have to focus more on understandability in the future.

There I floated.. I soared in the pitiful black realm. The harsh bitterness and the scent of gunpowder. What is this? I held my sea blue eyes open, staring into the blackness. It's soul ripping loneliness bit at my flesh but, this feeling wasn't new. It was common among the death dreams I had.
Soon a image appeared before me, it was a golden light. A light that warmed me, I looked into its depths of gold just to lose interest in the warmth. It held no influence on my body that still flew with no purpose.

A childish voice called from behind me, "Why.. Why is it that the gods watch over and play with the souls of many." Her voice stopped for a second, "Why is it that a boy cries at the loss of a tool that he's known for a mere few days? Why is it that a boy sacrifices his life in attempt to save a girl he had known for a week? Why does this boy's body regenerate its own organs after the set time of twelve hours? Why does this boy hold no memories of his childhood except for one? One that he hung onto for hope and desire. Why does he see the images of so many deaths? Why can he withstand the pain of being forced to feel emotions of everything at once? Why is it that he trusts the girl so much? Why? Why? Why?!" The girl's voice turns to a shout. "Why do the gods play with his thick heart that grows to numb!? Why do they play with his memories?! Why can't they leave him alone?! Why don't they know that they're destroying him piece by piece?!"

I continued to float there, listening to the complaints of the girl that I could not see.

"Why, I ask you, why?" She called to me.

"Why? Me? I don't know the answers.." I replied.

"Look into the gold, why don't you enter it? Why don't you lust after the warmth?" She asked.

My voice was weak, "I'm not interested in it."

"Have you ever seen the red light of a god?"

A pain ran throughout me, enlisting my nerves against my body. I clenched my fist closed in rebellion. The pain soon dies as the gold in the void turned to a black and white preview.

In what used to be gold, a series of images followed. All being of a man. The first was me looking up from a crib, another being from just recent. The image of a red glow that I saw while running with Kindling.

"The story of the Criptech. A god follows a newborn boy. The god was interested in its way of thinking, his way of perceiving the world around himself. The god trusted the boy and the boy was unaware of the god. The boy in his young life was adopted by a woman named, Brittany Dowwer, and a man named, Greg Dowwer after being attacked. They were married and a happy couple. They only took him in after being told that he had no relatives. None, almost as if the boy was born from thin air. While growing up the boy was almost killed on three occasions, all being kidnappings. The god was watching over him for each time. The god protected the boy from death. The god saved him each time, not knowing the other gods were watching his actions. One day the boy meets a girl in a park. The girl wasn't human and the god was nervous so he stood watch. Day after day the boy went to play with the girl even though his parents were now nervous wrecks for his safety. The girl and boy enjoyed each other's company for the boy had no friends and the girl had no one that could see her. One day the god sleeps, for he was far too weary to stay awake. He awakes to chaos.. Building being shot down and explosions everywhere. The god panics and searches for the boy and girl that he was entranced by. Everywhere he looks.. Looks and looks.. After hours of searching he finds the girl under the boy. The god's eyes widened. The boy's back was filled with shrapnel and the girl stared with wide eyes. The god drops to the ground next to the boy and girl, his tears full. Why! He cries. The girl too scared to move stares at the blood that trickles down the boy's body. She just stares with tears in her eyes. Her only friend. Her only hope. Her only desire, dead... The god raises his head to look at the boy and girl to see three other gods, mischief, desire, and war. Grins on their faces, This is why you don't get close to humans.. Mischief stated. Little did all the gods realize, humans weren't the only beings in the world. The lack of intelligence would now surprise the three.. The girl slips from the weight of the boy's body with tears. She picks at the boy's back as the gods watched. She removes the shrapnel and gets on the boy. She licks at the wounds on the boy's body. She bit at the boy's ears and a light emerges. The four gods all stared at the boy and girl. The boy's wounds gone while, he sleeps peacefully with the girl next to him. They cuddled like kits and shared warmth. The girl's hood falls and her ears showed, the black mess of fur showed. The three gods stared with astonishment. The one god who watched over them already knew of the girl with ears and walks over and pets them both. The three gods stared a while longer before the one god waves his hand, healing the land around them, ceasing the onslaught of explosions and hell. The one god then takes Mischief, War, and Desire back to the gods' realm, never supposed to return... He still would watch though. Watch from his empire longing to return. Ten years.. It took him ten years, a decade, to return to the earth' s realm.. Now he sits by the boy's side waiting for him to wake from his slumber. His so called death.." The child's voice whispered into my ear, "Now.. Rysen, the boy who wonders.. The boy who mimics.. The boy who will live for eternity due to half of the Core of Malco.. The boy who puts interest into the gods who watch over your puny realm.. Wake from your slumber, wake to your destiny. Join the living again.. Join us once more in this endless cycle.. Open.. Your eyes..."