Chapter 6 - Taxi Rides

Well here it is a shorter chapter until I can update I hope this is all right for you guys please enjoy! If not comment and I'll try for a longer one next time :)

The taxi ride started off with an awkward silence which was soon interrupted by John. "So, Lizzie-"

"How did you get information on the Korean elections?" Sherlock cut in immediately.

"Did Mycroft not tell you." She grinned, mischievously. "Hacking into one of Mycroft's databases was one of the reasons I got sent to boarding school. You see hacking into the British Government is frowned upon in our household." She said to John. As she spoke John could see Sherlock reflected in her every move. Each cock of the head, the way her words moved from rapid response to slow sarcastic mimic. The way she finished her sentences with a mater of fact tone as though no one could argue with her logic. John felt as though if her and Sherlock had been the same age they could've been nearly identical. "He caught you?" Sherlock asked, more surprised by that then his sisters hacking.

"Not really. I think that's why he was so mad."

"Not really?" John asked, confused by what was going on. Lizzie had just openly admitted a crime and neither Holmes had batted an eyelid.

"The only reason he caught me was because I left my laptop unlocked when I went to get lunch."

"Bit careless." Sherlock said, his words dipped in disappointment.

"Didn't know he was in the house." She scowled back. "I think he's lucky I wasn't doing something else on there. Its very rude to go through a lady's laptop." After that the taxi returned to the awkward silence. John not sure what to say and the Holmes' not inclining to break it.

When they arrived at Scotland Yard Lestrade was waiting for them, obviously eager for the case. When Lizzie stepped out the taxi his jaw dropped. Misinterpreting the look on his face john went to introduce her but before he got a word out Lestrade shouted. "It's you!"

"Oh boy." Lizzie said ducking behind Sherlock.

"You." He said, pointing at Lizzie's head which was peaking over Sherlock's shoulder. "You were that girl."

"Girl? What girl?" Lizzie said pushing Sherlock towards the door. He stumbled for a second then rooted his feet in the ground, not moving. "How do you know her?"

"Aren't we here for a reason?" Lizzie cut in, trying and failing to pull Sherlock.

"Six years ago, for about two months, a little girl kept turning up at crime scenes. She'd solve the whole case in ten minutes then hand me all the notes in pink sparkly notebooks and disappear. No one knew how she found the crime scenes so quick, at one point they thought she was the killer, but all her notes were always right."

"Yeah I was slow when I was eleven. Now, shouldn't we be moving on." Lizzie said in a hurry.

"How did you do it?" He said running after Lizzie who had managed to lure Sherlock inside the building.

"She's Sherlock's sister." John said, his much smaller legs struggling to keep up as Lizzie practically sprinted up the stairs.

"What?" Lestrade shouted. Lizzie stopped on the first floor looking down at the three men. "Wow you really didn't tell anyone about me."

"It never came up." Sherlock shrugged.

"Okay, great." She said overly sweetly. "Hi, I'm Elizabeth Holmes. Youngest sibling in the Holmes family when I was eleven I had a friend who was good at hacking into police radio waves. At the time I was doing my GCSE's and was bored so I solved them for you. Kinda insulted you thought it was me Greg and by the way I loved those notebooks. Now can we please get on with the case."

Sherlock who surprisingly hadn't said a word during most of the situation, spoke, "Well said." The two siblings walked up the stairs together, arguing in hushed tones. John and Lestrade lagged behind, John filling in everything he knew about Lizzie. By the time they reached Lestrade's floor the argument had been settled and he gossipers still knew very little about Elizabeth Holmes.

Thanks guys :)
~EK