Chapter 16 - Best Eggs In London

Lizzie was the first to wake up that morning. The sound of dustbin men outside the flat had ripped her from her slumber. "Who decided five thirty was the perfect time to collect rubbish in the loudest truck ever?" She cursed under her breath. Lizzie shuffled on the sofa pulling her blankets up to her chin, watching the dust swirl in the faint sunlight beginning to peak between the boards. Letting the day before wash over her Lizzie built up a list of things to do in her mind. She had to reply to her messages. Get back into contact with Scarlett. Do some favours. So, she started. Tapping right through till the sun had fully risen to catch up on everything she'd missed. Catching up on the news, sending out some of her own. Finally, she got a chance to message Scarlett.

"Morning sunshine
Need a house for 8mths time. Something
classy and cheap. You know my type 😉 Nothing major Big Brother's watching me.
-LH"

By the time John woke up Lizzie was dressed and flicking through pictures on her phone. "I thought I'd be the first one up." John said sleepily.
"Early bird and all that." She said, distractedly.
"Fair enough." John said, putting the kettle on. "Coffee?"
"Yes please." She said, finally looking up from her phone to grin at John. "Black, two-"
"Two sugars." John cut her off. "Same as your brother."
"Speaking of my brother dear." Lizzie said standing up, an evil grin appearing on her face. "Think it's about time he faced the day. Don't you?"
"I'm not sure that's wise." John said. He had one to many bad experiences with trying to get Sherlock up in the mornings. He was much more of an afternoon waker- when he did eventually sleep.
"Don't worry John." She said, skipping off to his room. "I've got this covered."

Lizzie stopped at Sherlock's door. Preparing herself for what was about to come. She pushed the door, creaking it open. Sherlock was lying in a tangled ball in the middle of his bed, breathing deeply. Perfect, she thought. Clearing her throat first Lizzie shouted. "OI SHERLOCK!" Sherlock shot up like a bolt, then wince as he cricked his neck. "Morning Sherly." Lizzie grinned. Angry didn't cover what Sherlock's face showed. He was scowling deeply at Lizzie. "New cases to tackle and all that." Lizzie said, trying to get him to stop. Sherlock just grabbed a pillow off his bed and lopped it across the room at her. Lizzie closed the door quickly as she heard a succession of other objects hit the wall. "Rude!" She called, before returning to the kitchen.  "He's up."
"Not sure that's how I would've tackled it." John laughed.
"He was gunna be grumpy whatever." She shrugged, before sitting down and starting on her coffee.

As Lizzie reached the dregs at the bottom of her cup her phone buzzed with a text from Scarlett.

"2 early for that sunshine crap.
meet me out back of Ramon's got
a good deal.
-Scarlet"

Grinning at her phone she nearly didn't notice that Sherlock had emerged. He had cooled off considerable since she'd woken him but still looked angry. "How about I treat us to breakfast?" Lizzie said smiling up at him. She was sitting cross legged on the bench, twitching her fingers energetically on the table. 
"That's not necessary, Lizzie." Said John, kindly.
"My pleasure." She grinned, sliding a few notes out her converse. "Better you don't ask." She winked at him as he's mouth opened wide at the amount of money.
"Where are we going then?"
"I know a lovely little place." She said jumping up. "Best eggs in London and not too far."
"Sounds great." John said standing up. Sherlock who hadn't said a word yet went to open his mouth. Lizzie placed her whole hand over his mouth. "My treat! Not taking no for an answer."

Twenty minutes later all three of them were in a sleazy builders' cafe. They were surrounded by workmen waiting to start work and old men finishing crosswords. The windows were steamed from the heat of the grimy kitchen which could be seen from where they sat. Sherlock was sat opposite John while Lizzie went to order for them. Lizzie was polar opposite to the woman behind the till, beaming away at the woman she smiled after every order. The woman on the other hand kept a bored, disinterested look the whole time. Chewing her gum loudly she handed Lizzie a tray with 3 over flowing drink on. Returning to the table Lizzie said, brightly "What a charming lady!" Passing over a dripping black coffee and an extremely milky tea Lizzie sat down crossed legged in the booth next to Sherlock. He was tapping erratically on the table, glancing down at the pink phone every second as though expecting it to ring. "Sherly," Lizzie said, staring at her phone again. "Drink your coffee."

The sullen woman from the counter dropped two plates on their table. One over flowing with a full English breakfast, the other just a couple slices of toast. Sherlock ignored the food still staring at the pink phone. Pleading with it to ring. "Feeling better?"
"Mmm." John said through a mouth full of food. "You realise we've hardly stopped for breath since this thing started?"  He took another bite of food as Lizzie pulled a piece of toast in half forcing half into to Sherlock's hand.
"Has it occurred to you-"
"Probably." Sherlock said. Lizzie pushed his hand towards his face forcing him to take a bite.
"No – has it occurred to you that the bomber's playing a game with you? The envelope; breaking into the other flat; the dead kid's shoes – it's all meant for you." Lizzie's phone buzzed on the table causing Sherlock to jump down to look at it. "Heal Sherly, it's my phone." Lizzie said, pushing more toast at Sherlock as he grinned at John. "Yes, I know." Lizzie glanced at her phone under the table.

"Outside -S"

"Back in a sec." Lizzie said, standing up and heading towards the toilets. When she saw Sherlock distracted she changed directions.

Walking through the kitchens to the back door no one batted and eyelid. Scarlett was leaning against a graffitied wall smoking a cigarette. She looked grumpy and her long dark hair piled in a bun on top of her head. She was wearing a big hoodie and joggers and looking a lot less glamorous than usual. "Morning lovely." Lizzie said, leaning in the doorway.
"Don't." Scarlett said, putting her cigarette out on the rubbish strewn floor. "I don't do mornings and if it weren't you I wouldn't be here."
"I know." Lizzie grinned. "Which makes seeing you so much better."
"Yeah, yeah." Scarlett grinned back.
"Whatcha got for me?" Scarlett pulled out her iPhone and Lizzie moved over next to her.
"Chloe Stone," She said showing her a picture of a blond woman. She was pretty but fake looking. "Chloe is being a very naughty girl at the moment."
"Oh really?" Lizzie smirked.
"Strings of boyfriends, three on the go currently." She said, flicking through photos of different boys- all of who looked pretty similar.
"And what would Miss Stone want with my services?"
"Chloe is worried that her boyfriends are unfaithful."
"Oh, the irony."
"She wants someone who can keep her up to date regularly on her different boyfriends and make sure they can't find out about each other. Make her life a bit easier."
"Okay, and what is she willing to pay?"
"I forgot to mention the best part. Miss Stone's daddy is an extremely rich. He bounces houses for a living and has loads of properties all over London. Long as you keep her updated each month that's you rent paid each month."
"Sweet, I'm assuming you've chosen one for me."
"Of course, I wouldn't make you go through all that paperwork. We can go right now."
"I'll get my coat and be right out."

New chapter for you my lovelies!!! Hope you enjoy I'm really looking forward to the next chapter just because I've images Lizzie's flat for soooo long!!!
Please vote and comment and share ❤️❤️
~EK