Chapter 18 - Working From Home

Lizzie arrived back at Baker Street late that afternoon after finalising some information with Scarlett. Mrs Hudson bustled up to the door when Lizzie knocked and smiled when she saw who it was. "Oh, hello dear, you not off with you brother?"
"No, I went to meet a friend." Lizzie smiled back as they walked into the hall. "Is he not here then?"
"No dear," Mrs Hudson, said walking into her flat. "He's investigating. Connie Price. Very interesting case, much better then he's usual stuff. Not that I'm interested in that celebrity gossip."
"Of course not." Lizzie grinned down at her from the staircase.
"Well if he's late home dear, feel free to pop down for a cuppa and I'll do you some tea."
"Sounds lovely Mrs H." Lizzie said, before running up the stairs. If Sherlock was out it was the perfect time to get started on her homework.

Grabbing her laptop from her bag she curled up in Sherlock's bed, having recovered his pillows from the ground. Opening the information that Scarlett had sent her on Chloe Scott and her current boyfriend she skimmed through. Chloe and a boy called Luke Jackson had been dating for nearly three months- which by Chloe's record was considered a serious relationship. They had similar life styles, Luke also had rich parents and was on a reality tv show that Lizzie had never heard of. They spent their nights together out, there were hundreds of photos of them coming out of clubs taken by paparazzi. Lizzie almost gagged at a photo of them practically eating each other's faces off.

Skipping on to his social media, Lizzie found more lovey dovey pictures of the two over the last three months. Getting fed up, and slightly disgusted by the photos Lizzie decided to head straight in.

Opening Luke's Facebook page, she started entering streams of numbers. Moving her fingers quickly across the keyboard, typing in the exact codes that would give her access to his page- not that security was that high on Facebook to begin with. In a matter of minutes, she was in, viewing his Facebook Page as if she was him. In his messages she found what she needed. A string of different girls, each one receiving their very own crude pickup lines and flirty texts.

Taking pictures on her phone of each of the messages she sent them to Chloe with a text saying:

Ditch him. 1st month's rent
paid. See ya next month. ~LH

Tnks babe xxx

Lizzie received back. Rolling her eyes Lizzie chucked her phone down on the bed returning to her laptop. Even this soon after going back into business she had a queue of emails waiting for her help. Just as she was about to open the first one she heard the front door smash open and footsteps pounding up the stairs. Lizzie just managed to slam her laptop shut as Sherlock crashed into the room.

"Good evening." Lizzie said, looking up at him. Sherlock seemed shocked at her presence, he'd been so angry walking in the room he hadn't even seen her buried in the blankets. "What's happened?" She said, cocking her head to the side as Sherlock paced the room. "Mrs Hudson said you were on a case. Did you not solve it?"
"No, I did." He said through gritted teeth.
"That's great!" Lizzie smiled, trying to be positive. Sherlock in a bad mood meant everyone was in a bad mood.
"No, its not." Sherlock said, still pacing.
"Wha- why?" Lizzie said, sitting up further.
"She said how he spo- she described him-his voice." He said, his anger preventing him from finishing his sentences properly.
"Sherlock."
"He killed her, for no reason." He said lobbing a large chemistry book across the room. Its spine tore when it hit the wall and pages flew everywhere."
"Sherlock stop."
"Get out." Sherlock said, glaring at her.
"No."
"What?"
"You heard me." Lizzie glared straight back. "No, I'm not going anywhere."
"What?" Sherlock said again, aggravated.
"I know you Sherlock. I'm not going anywhere when you're like this." Lizzie said stubbornly curling up in his bed.
"Know me. you don't know me." Sherlock muttered.
"Mmm, sure." Lizzie said, typing a message out to Scarlett, ignoring Sherlock's new rage.

Stuck in w/ big bro 2.
Hope 2night goes well.
~LHxx

Sherlock soon gave up his pacing and sat on the edge of his bed glaring. Lizzie crept forward slowly before wrapping her arms round the back of Sherlock's neck. Sherlock did not stop scowling. "Come on Sherly. You'll get the bastard."
"Mmm."
"Come on let's work on it now. Show me what you got today."

Hiya my lovelies!
New chapter and guess what?! There's another one coming very soon!! I have to be honest with you my dears but The Other One is slowly coming to an end 😭 I don't know how many chapters are left but not many! I am however, considering a second book. What do you think?? Please comment if you'd like another Lizzie book (probs beset 8months later business up and running maybe a bit more Moriarty...)
~EK xxx