Chapter 9 - Mrs Hudson

Oh my stars what's this? An update? By me? Surely not, I'm terrible at those. But it is! I'm so sorry for being terrible at updating but I've really struggled with this part because I wanted it to be perfect for Elizabeth and for you guys! Thank you so much for 10k as soon as I saw I knew I had to update so here we go! I hope you enjoy! ~EK xx

What felt like hours later the group finally returned to Baker Street. Sherlock secretly fuming as the others continued to laugh."Back to the case, wouldn't you think?" Sherlock said, his voice sharper than usual.  "Aww is Shirley-Wurely a bit embarrassed?" Sherlock's eyes narrowed at her words, his mouth moving into one straight line. "Wow if looks could kill." Lizzie chuckled, moving round Sherlock to enter 221B.

Her hair swayed down her back as she skipped down the hall. Her whole mannerism that of a child about to get candy. "Mrs Hudson." She called sweetly. "You're needed." 
"You know Mrs Hudson?" John asked.
"Course I do." She said as Mrs Hudson came out of her flat. Not even giving her a chance to register the four people standing at her doorstep, Lizzie jumped on her bringing her into a giant hug. Puzzlement filled Mrs Hudson's face as she pulled away. "Excuse me dear, but who exactly are you?"
"You see the main problem John." She said glaring at Sherlock. "Is that although I know a lot of people they don't actually know me."
"Yes sorry about that again." Sherlock said as Lizzie's eyes narrowed.  She turned back to Mrs Hudson a grin appearing on her face.
"Hello Mrs Hudson, very nice to meet you I'm Elizabeth Holmes, Sherlock's little sister. I know big shock right?" She said sarcastically before moving on. "You did come into the room while I was there once but you were a bit busy dealing with a shot wall. While we could go into the depth of the matter, right now I would very much like it if you could open this door." Elizabeth finished her sentence without need to pause for breath. When she was done Mrs Hudson didn't look much less confused.
  "Can tell the resemblance." She muttered as she bustled off to find the key for 221C Baker Street.
"Was that an insult?" She asked looking at Sherlock. "That felt like an insult."

Finally Mrs Hudson returned with the key. They all watched as the Holmes' analysed both the locks and the keys. "You had a look, didn't you, Sherlock, when you first came to see about your flat. "
"The door's been opened recently." Sherlock said after studying the door's lock.
"No, can't be. That's the only key. "
"You really must invest in some better locks Mrs Hudson." Lizzie said as Sherlock removed the padlock and selected another key to the door. "I managed to pick that front one in under a mi..." She trailed off glancing up from the keyhole and seeing the look on Lestrade's face.
"I can't get anyone interested in this flat. It's the damp, I expect. That's the curse of basements." Mrs Hudson rambled on. Not even noticing the young girl talking about breaking and entering.

Sherlock opened the door, it was slightly stiff in the way unfrequented door are. As if they've adapted to being shut and are unwilling to do otherwise. As soon as it opened the smell of damp and dust ran up the stairs and hibernated in their noses. Sherlock immediately went down the stairs followed by Lizzie and John. "I had a place once when I was first married. Black mold all up the walls..." Mrs Hudson continued, not noticing her fleeing audience until the door closed in her face.  "Oh! Men!" She muttered returning to her flat.
"Great." Said Lizzie, in the basement. "She's already forgotten about me.

Hope you enjoyyyyyyyedddddd!! Hopefully won't be so long for next update. Please vote and comment :)))
~EK xx