2

By the time they finally got to the circus, Jim & Lee decided to go see the Flying Graysons and Anya & Selina decided to go check out the sideshow. They decided to meet up at eleven o'clock in front of the biggest tent there. Anya walked behind her sister on the way to go see the blind fortune teller. Selina thought it would be fun but Anya thought the guy was most likely a fraud. As they were walking, Anya noticed a boy around her age feeding a snake. She had always loved snakes and decided to go see it.

"Anya!" Selina called out. "Wait up!"

She walked up to the boy and his snake and noticed a sign that read "Lila Valeska: Snake Dancer".

"So, I take it you're not the snake dancer." She said with a smirk. The boy turned around causing the two of them to be caught off guard. They felt an odd attraction to each other that was, to say the least, completely inexplainable. "Sorry. I didn't mean to startle you."

"Oh no, it's fine really." He said back with a shy and quiet voice. "Hi, my name is Jerome Valeska."

"Anya Romanov, nice to meet you." She shook his hand as Selina looked on. She wasn't entirely sure what was going on, but she had a pretty good idea.

"And I'm Selina. I'm her sister." She said trying to cut the tension. He held his hand out to shake hers as well, but Selina held back.

"I'm sorry to disturb you, especially since the seem busy, but we had wanted to see the snake dancer." Anya said. At this point she didn't even care about the snake dancer. She was more interested in the boy standing before her.

"Oh, I'm sorry she hasn't been here all day." He seemed worried but not worried enough to be suspicious.

"Oh," Selina didn't want to stay any longer, but she could see the look in her older sister's eyes. "Hey, Stasia, I'm gonna head home. Tell Jim I hope him and his girlfriend had fun." She finished with a smirk and a slight laugh.

"Alright you little shit. Love you." Anya said with a laugh.

"Wow! Love you too, sis!" They both laughed as Selina walked away.

The two were left alone in silence until Anya decided to finally spoke.

"Is it okay with you if I stay here? I don't really have a ride until..." She trailed off to look at her watch. "Wow, until eleven."

"You really want to stay with me?" He said with a both confused and surprised look.

"Of course I would you seem nice enough for the both of us." They laughed as they walked inside of his trailer. They sat together inside, they began talking about everything they could possibly talk about. They talked about their families, their childhoods, they even made plans to get together again before the circus had to leave. They only stopped talking when there was a knock at the door. She sat and thought to herself about him. He had so much confidence and it made him so much more attractive to her. But there was something else about him made her almost afraid of him. Even then she still wasn't fazed by it.

She heard a familiar voice from outside causing her to go outside. As she walked out she saw Jim and Lee standing outside with who she guessed was the man in charge here.

"Anya, what are you doing here? Where is your sister?" Lee asked with a worried look.

"She wasn't feeling well and went home. What's going on?" They gave her an embarrassed look before moving on.

"Jerome, can you please release the snake?" Jim said without answering Anya.

"I'm sorry?" Jerome said.

"Let it out." He repeated.

After following the snake, they were led to the back of a truck when the snake began to go underneath a blanket. Jim lifted the blanket to find the dead body of the snake dancer, Lila. Jerome fell to the floor crying over the death of his mother. Anya knelt down to comfort him, holding him as tight as she possibly could. How on earth could something like this happen?