5

The next morning, Anya went to the GCPD to see if they had made any progress on the found knife. As she walked, she noticed Jerome looking directly at her with a sly smirk before looking away. She felt anger bubbling inside her, but not towards him. She felt anger towards herself. Before she could think of her next move, Lee came rushing to her with an anxious look.

"Anya! I need to talk to you!" Lee called out to her.

Anya began turning around but was too late when Lee grabbed her arm. She turned to look at her and immediately knew that she wouldn't be able to escape it now.

"Anya," Lee started. "I know what happened to your parents. Come with me."

They walked through the precinct until they reached an interrogation room. Anya began to shake as she sat down. Jim walked in a few seconds later and sat down.

"How did you do it?" He asked her. There was a sad look on his face that made her feel even more guilty.

"Do what?" She said not looking him in the eye.

"How did you manage to keep this hidden for five years?" He said getting tired of being there. How did he not see this coming?

"Maybe I had help." She said nonchalantly. "Maybe it was detective Henry. Maybe she might know."

Jim looked back at Lee with a confused look. "Anya," he started looking back at her. "Detective Henry was found dead this morning."

Anya looked down in shock. How could she be dead after they barely talked not that long ago. She finally came to the decision to come clean.

"Alright," she said with a smirk. "You got me. Yes, I killed my parents. Come on though, like you wouldn't have? Everyone goes through a phase like that. The strong are the ones that actually do it though."

"Why did you do it? Your parents were amazing people." Leslie chimed in.

"Yeah amazing to everyone else. If you saw how terrible they treated me and Selina believe me you would've done exactly the same thing." Anya laughed maniacally.

Jim looked down at the open file in front of him. "I'm very sorry Anya, but we're going to need to send you to Arkham."

Anya stuck out her hands. "Go ahead then." She said with a smile. "Take me away."