7

The next morning Anya and Jerome spent most of their morning in bed wrapped in each other's arms. Neither of them said anything, they just laid there until Anya decided to finally get up.

"Where are you going?" Jerome sat up giving her a confused look.

"We should probably get to the common room before anyone notices we're not there." She couldn't look him in the eye and he could tell.

"It's not like the guards are gonna care. What's wrong?" He was starting to get angry. He got up and wrapped his arms around her waist.

She turned around to face him, placing her hands on his chest. "I just have a feeling that we should be there right now." She finally looked up and noticed something in her eyes.

She knew something was coming but she wasn't sure what. He decided to go along with it and act as though nothing were wrong. "Fine," he said flatly letting go of her. "Let's go then."

------------------

When they got to the common room, they went to go sit with a few of the other inmates. Jerome pulled her down to sit on his lap as if marking her as his property. It hadn't even been an hour when Anya heard a door opening. She turned around and saw a friend of hers walking in.

Barbara. What was she doing there? From what Anya remembered, Barbara wasn't capable of hurting anyone. They made eye contact for a second before Barbara was ushered to her new room at Arkham.

Jerome had noticed her entrance and took note of how Anya reacted. By now, everyone else was wondering who the new girl was, but Anya was, as usual, way ahead of them.

--------------------

Three hours later, Anya saw Barbara sitting alone at one of the tables reading a magazine and walked over. When she sat down she immediately spoke.

"What are you doing here?" She said with a confused look aimed at her friend.

"Well, hello to you, too! Nice to know I've got a friend in here." Barbara said not once looking up. "If you must know, I killed my parents."

Anya backed up a bit. "No offence or anything, but it took ya long enough." She said with a light smile. "Thought I was gonna have to do it for you."

"Ha-ha. Very funny, short stack." Barbara finally put the magazine down and looked at her friend. "What're you in for?"

"Same thing, but I did it five years ago. You know, your little boyfriend - or should I say ex-boyfriend - is kind of an ass." Anya was holding back her anger as much as she could.

"Says the girl that still hung out with him and his new bitch." Barbara wasn't sure who to be mad at, Anya or Jim.

"Hey now! I only hung out with them because I knew how much it annoyed Jim." Anya was just about done talking about the asshole that put her in Arkham. "And his 'new bitch' is extremely annoying. He made a mistake choosing her over you."

Barbara smiled. She had been missing Anya and felt ecstatic to have her back. "I missed you, ya little shit!" She got up to go hug her friend.

"Missed you too, Batshit-Barbara!" Anya was happy to have someone else to talk to besides Jerome. The two sat and talked for maybe half an hour before someone walked over to them.

"Hi gorgeous. I'm Jerome." Anya looked at Jerome and gave him a death glare.

"Hey asshole, nice to see you as well." Anya continued glaring at him earning her a kiss on the cheek from Jerome.

Barbara looked at the two of them with a confused look, but decided not to question it. "Keep walking, ginger." She said picking up her magazine once again.

"He's cool, Barb." Anya said still looking at him.

"Yeah, just being polite. So what're you in for?" He said forcing a smile.

"Killing my parents. Same as you two." Barbara clearly didn't give a shit about whatever he wanted and was just waiting for him to leave.

"Well, you should know it's good for you to have a friend in here." He was starting to get aggravated by her lack of interest. "A lady needs someone to protect them in a place like this." He said giving Anya a smirk.

"Let me think about that. No." Barbara said flatly.

"Barb, he's right." Anya spoke up. "See that guy over there that looks like a total douchebag? Richard Sionis. Killed 25 people."

"Just for fun." Jerome said pulling her closer to him.

"And he's super rich. Could get you whatever your dark, little heart desires." Anya could see the slight spark of interest, but her friend wasn't convinced yet.

"So what? I've got you and ginger. I'll be fine." Barbara said.

"Just make another friend, honey. You won't regret it." Anya was working her as best she could.

Barbara turned in her chair. "Hey! Hello! Baldy, over here!" She got the attention of Aaron Helzinger, killed his whole family with his bare hands. "Come here."

He walked over to the table. Anya and Jerome watched in amazement as she got him to be her friend. She finished her little deal off and walked back to her seat. "There now I have a friend. Happy?"

"You are bad." Jerome said earning himself a glare from Anya.

"Yeah, now why don't you go make me a sandwich." Barbara was ready to get up and leave when he began talking again.

"Your friend is a gorilla. My friend can get whatever you need." He said.

"Can he get me a phone?" She said having put her magazine down again.

"Anything." Anya replied smirking at her friend once again.

**** Ok so I know that a lot of you are upset about last night's episode of Gotham and let me just say this: So am I. But I assure you guys that even though that's the end, as far as we know, for Jerome on the show I will try and make it so that you don't have to suffer through his death for a second time. Even if that means I have to make shit up I will do it just to keep you guys happy. Unless you really want me to kill him again, if so then please let me know down in the comments.
Fuck the Gotham writers very much and I love you all,
Mya