4

Anya threw the knife on the floor trying to get away from it. She wasn't sure what to do in that moment. Selina was knocking on the door furiously, trying to get in. The voices and memories of that night replayed in her mind. All she could hear were her parents screaming and begging for mercy. She picked up her phone and called the first person that she could think of.

"Hello?" Tessa answered. Tessa was the detective that helped cover up her parents murder. "Anya is that you?"

"Tessa, I need your help! Please!" Anya sped through the sentence.

"Whoa whoa whoa. Slow down little girl! What the hell is going on?" Tessa suddenly became enraged.

"Someone knows about my parents, Tessa!" Anya was beyond worried at this point. She couldn't handle the voices anymore.

"Goddamn it, Anya. Okay, well unless they have proof that you did it you should be fine." Tessa tried her best to reassure herself and Anya. "Don't worry. As long as you don't do anything stupid you'll be fine. Now try and get some rest."

"Okay..." Anya calmed down as much as she could before hanging up.

--------------

That night while she was sleeping, Anya heard a crash from her room. She got up from her seat on the couch and grabbed her baseball bat. She slowly opened the door to her bedroom and looked inside. No one was there but something wasn't right.

The box with her parents murder weapon was open on her bed.

She ran over to see if everything was still there. She looked in to check for the knife and was shocked by what she saw.

The knife was missing and all that was left was a note. The note read:

Your secret is safe with me.

Jerome. He must've taken it, but how would he have known about the knife? She had never mentioned it to anyone except for Tessa.

"Anya! Come check this out!" Selina called out. Anya came back to the living room to see the words Breaking News float across her screen.

"I think they finally got the murder weapon the killer used on mom and dad!" Selina was beyond excited. She didn't know that her older sister was responsible for what happened.

How am I gonna fix this mess now?