Chapter 4 : Tracker Me Down

Madeline's P.O.V.

"Hundreds of millions of years ago the earth was ruled by reptiles - dinosaurs on the land, pterosaurs in the air and plesiosaurs in the sea. Most died out about 65 million years ago, but some survived. Today there are about 4,340 species of reptiles, including snakes, lizards, turtles and crocodiles ..."

My ears almost instantly perked up at the recitation of the apparently 'accurate' non-fiction facts.

"God damn it National Geographic Channel!, why do you always get it wrong? There are in fact about 7,800 species of reptiles alive to this day" I yelled out of frustration, making sure to throw a handful of popcorn at the television.

As if on cue Hayley and Natasha walked into the room, both throwing sceptical looks in my direction. Natasha decided that it was a good idea to toss her tired body onto the sofa next to me, not forgetting to grab the bowl of popcorn and the remote out of my hands.

"The National Geographic Channel, seriously Maddy?" Hayley questioned, laying flat on the floor.

Ignoring her question, I turned to glare at Natasha, I mean come on Hayley already knows that the only reason I do watch the National Geographic Channel is for pure entertainment, it's fun to correct imbeciles.

"Ignoring that Hayley. Anyway why are you guys so tired, if I may ask?"

"Who said that shopping in Florida was easy? There's too much fascinating shit to buy, that I in fact settled with a packet of chewing gum" Natasha sighed acting as if her life was full of decisions.

"So I guess you guys did go shopping then? Where are Johana and Charly? Please tell me they didn't run off!" I asked frantically, we were in enough trouble for the time being. How should I put this?, to say the least the Police Officers or shall I say 'Cops' here in Florida hate us already for landing that plane.

"We're here!" I heard Charly announce from the ajar apartment door, before her and an exhausted Johana appeared with tons of shopping bags weighing them down.

"You left the door open?" I asked, staring at Hayley and Natasha dangerously. They both put up their hands in a surrendering manner. Joining us in the living room, Johana and Charly each grabbed a seat looking totally worn out.

"Did you cook anything?" Hayley and Johana asked hopefully.

"I tried out a banoffee pie" I replied shrugging, I was willing to try out my cooking skills for a while but my mum had never really liked me messing up her kitchen.

"What the heck is a banoffee pie, eh? Has it got any fruit?" Johana asked in an African accent, I couldn't help but laugh at how accurate she had gotten it. It was practically geographically accurate.

"Hence the 'ban' this means that it has Banana and the 'offee' means it also contains Coffee" I answered as if it was the most obvious thing on earth.

"Okay, okay little Ms Brainiac no need to get all sassy on me" said Johana, making her way to the kitchen with Hayley and Charly on her trail. I'm guessing they're hungry?

"I'm too lazy to make myself food, at least I've got your popcorn" Natasha happily rejoiced, stuffing a handful in her mouth.

Now there are many things I know about Natasha, having gone to primary school with her and Hayley. Firstly I know for a fact that she despises cinnamon and secondly I know that she prefers fattening foods to healthy, so to say she's in for a quite a surprise was an understatement.

As predicted it took Natasha 4.65 seconds to react to the sugar-free, cinnamon flavoured popcorn considering she spat it out the handful across the living room and made a run for the bathroom, where I could faintly hear her spitting and cursing.