Chapter 10 : Weightless Wake Up Call

Madeline's P.O.V.

"If I could just find the time

Then I would never let another day go by

I'm over, getting old

Maybe it's not my weekend

But it's gonna be my year

And I'm so sick of watching while the minutes pass as I go nowhere

And this is my reaction

To everything I fear

Cause I've been going crazy I don't want to waste another minute here

Make believe that I impress

That every word

By design

Turns a head

I wanna feel reckless

I wanna live it up, just because

I wanna feel weightless

Cause that would be enough

If I could just find the time

Then I would never let another day go by

I'm over, getting old

Maybe it's not my weekend

But it's gonna be my year

And I'm so sick of watching while the minutes pass as I go nowhere

And this is my reaction

To everything I fear

Cause I've been going crazy I don't want to waste another minute here"

Having had enough of the continuous singing in my bedroom, I peeped my eyelids open to see none the other than Natasha dancing around in front of the mirror to Weightless by All Time Low, another one of her favourite bands. 

To make matters worse, she had a hairbrush in her hand to mimic a microphone, and she'd somehow managed to make her hair wild and way too volumed, adding on to that she was in a pair of rainbow short and a black vest with teddy bear slippers.

Back in London, when we had sleepovers and Natasha was feeling good the next morning she'd always act like this, most of the time she did it to annoy me and Hayley, since we were quite heavy sleepers. 

Picking up one of my two pillows, I tossed it across at her, it hit her directly on the head and she turned around heading for my bed. Climbing on, she continued singing whilst hopping up and down.

Tripping her up with my feet, she fell backwards off the bed and I made sure to insult her as soon as she hit the floor. "Stop it, you sound like a hippo, and they are known to be one of the worst sounding animals on earth!"

"Bloody hell, that's supposed to be a cuss, minus the science you wuss." She said dryly, her eyes instantly lighting up once again. "Hey! that rhymed! Someday I'm gonna be sitting next to All Time Low and writing their lyrics for them!" 

Giving her the straightest face ever possible, I hopped out of my bed, walking to the bathroom. Invitingly she followed, like the aggravating human she is. I turned around brushing my teeth and she still stood there.

"Might as well just come in and watch me pee." I said sarcastically, watching her cringe. "Anyways, why are you so excited?".

"Because," She said dragging the end. "Alexa's coming later on in the week!" She recited excitedly. Dropping my tooth brush I ran into the living room, to see the girls all prepared and ready for school plus a drowsy Hayley.

"Did you guys hear the news!?" I asked feeling all giddy, I miss Alexa's African ass. Not literally. 

"Yeah you're late about that, and you're also gonna make us late if you don't change right now." Charly said glancing at her watch, whilst digging into a cinnamon, iced bun. I watched Natasha cringe again at the cinnamon bun.

The bell for lunch time rang around 15 minutes ago, and we were all sat around a table, surprisingly we were cool enough to earn a table in a Delinquent's school, apparently an average 67.8% of students are not allowed to sit in the food courts in any average American school, let alone a delinquent school, I'd like to think that deserves an award.

Hayley sat with a tray of two crisp packets (chips), a fizzy drink and a chicken wrap, she clearly as shown loves to eat, just like all of us, we honestly don't give a flying shit about body's and boys, food was always our first priority. I took a sip of the water on my tray, playing with the lid in my hand.

You see I really like messing around with water, it's just fun and funny how such a simple liquid can piss a numerous amount of people off. Johana, Charly and Natasha were busy chatting about their previous class, me and Hayley weren't in the same class as them so we had no clue what they were talking about, and so I decided to look around and Hayley concentrated on her tray.

Scanning the crowd, I felt a pair of frigid, icy blue eyes burning holes into the side of my face, turning around I was again met by the same boy as the other day in the gym, and may I say he was looking scarier and cuter then ever at the same time.

He wore a blue varsity T-Shirt with rolled up sleeves and black jeans, his ash blonde hair was gelled up and his stomach muscles were yet again revealed, its as if he wore tight T-Shirts just to tease everyone. 

Realising I was checking him out he wiggled his eyebrows, folding his arms and leaning back on his chair. I failed to see why he was so popular, despite the fact that maybe he was just so good looking, but he didn't look like an approachable guy. There was an entire group of accurately 21 people surrounding him, patting his shoulder and praising him or girls even flirting with him.

Blinking furiously I averted my vision to a different group of girls, surprisingly Danni, Gabby and Diana were sat alone on a table, no one really surrounding them but they weren't he clingy, flirty types either. I guess they were just the crude and rude group of the school.

Feeling someone tap me ferociously on the shoulder, I turned to be greeted by a surprised looking Hayley. I raised my eyebrow at her, watching as the entire group of girls looked behind me. Slowly turning around, I was taken aback when I saw the familiar blue eyes so close.

Jumping up out of shock, I almost choked on my own spit, glaring at the ash blonde, blue eyed, attractive guy.

"You scared the daylights out of me! You were an average of 15.3 centimetres away!" I spoke quickly, nerves drowning my body whole. 

"British huh? Smart too, nice." He complimented, his voice giving me chills.

"Welsh actually."

"What difference is it?" 

"Well-" I began but was abruptly cut off by Natasha. "You shouldn't of asked her that dude! She'd write you an entire essay." 

The boy chuckled, running his hand through his hair and smiling revealing a set of perfect teeth. He then flexed, stretching out and groaning, this obviously tightened his shirt around his torso, revealing the outlined muscles even more.

"If we wanted a show, we'd of gone to the club." I stated boldly, fake yawning. 

"Attitude too, you really don't know who you're talking to, do you?" He replied, his laugh so relaxing.

"No, not really interested either."

"Ryan McCarthy, nice to meet you Madeline Renee Morris from Wales, we should talk some time" He winked, walking off with so much swaggar. 

Gobsmacked, I sat down in shock, the other girls laughing at me. How in the world does he know my full name?!

_____________________________________________________________________________

Picture of Diana on the side >>>