Chapter 16 : War Not Peace.

Madeline's P.O.V.

The swooshing sound of the wind being whipped through the air with such force and power deafened my ears, his leg swung through the air as if it was absolutely easy, reaching an unbelievable height of at least 2 and a half metres. Almost dropping my broomstick in astonishment, I carefully stabilized myself, looking up to be greeted by his sharp, cunning blue eyes.

Not concentrating on his opponent, I was definite he was done for it, but he was like a venomous serpent, knew every move the other guy had planned, clearly he knew his stuff because before his opposer could even strike, Ryan's leg had wrapped around his neck flooring him almost immediately, locking him in an unbelievable posture, Ryan looked back up at me, his eyes shimmering with pride.

Staring at him like he was a two-headed creature seemingly only added fuel to the fire set in his chest, every time I took a quick glance at the other guy Ryan would only tighten the grip on his neck, he was bloody killing the guy and I was certain that he knew the damage he was causing, seeing Ryan so angry, so hungry to cause other people pain cautioned me. He was a monster, a quite attractive one at that.

"Ryan man! That's enough, can't you see he's tapping?"

A huddle of bulky dudes, one of which was an identical replica of Ryan, ripped him and his opponent apart, making sure that majority caged Ryan, I could honestly say that I wouldn't be surprised if Ryan could take them all on if he pleased, glimpsing at me quickly he must of realized how scared I was, because he quickly backed away from the group restraining him, ripping his knuckle gloves off and throwing them aside.

Wiping his mouth with the back of his hand, he speedily spat to the side, glancing back at me oftenly. Sprightly stepping back onto the mat where the choking guy lay, he towered over him staring at him in a deadly manner. Gripping the broom tighter, I slightly banged it on the table next to me hoping Ryan would somewhat understand the message and turn towards me.

As I had deemed, Ryan's eyes lasered mine as I tried to muster up the most desperate face possible, wishing for him to step back and not harm the guy anymore. Staring at me and then back at the guy, he slowly and cautiously held out his hand in a helping manner. He was actually helping the guy, faith finally restored.

Helping lift the man up, Ryan gently tapped his shoulder as if to say sorry before wandering off in my direction. Feigning that I hadn't seen him I continued to sweep nothingness around, avoiding any eye contact. Before I could reject, the broom was grasped from my hold, reverting my vision towards the taker, I undoubtedly found Ryan McCarthy resting on the side of the sofa in nothing but basketball shorts with none other than my broom in his left hand. He skilfully flipped it around in the air, doing many tricks and fighting techniques whilst sitting down, he really was talented at fighting, if only he wasn't so brutal about it.

"Excuse me, but I'd like my broom please." I asked politely, raking over him with my eyes.

"Truth be told, it's actually my broom. My house remember?" He retorted with an amused tone.

"Uh, my job remember? And I'm not losing it for some asshole who won't give me a broom."

"I could get you fired for that." He replied humorously, a grin over taking his firm features.

"Whatever jerk."

"I see you liked my moves back there, bet you even done your calculations huh?"

"That's off my scale." I whispered bluntly, proving his statement of me doing my calculations right.

"Aha, see I knew you were watching, could get you fired for that too." He laughed, winking quickly at me before he got up and tossed the broom in my direction.