Chapter 1

Vinny's POV

"What the hell!".

I woke up in the middle of the night panting hard feeling beads of sweat rolling off of me, my hand unconsciously reaches out in the dark space next to me." Francesca!, Francesca! ".

No reply...

I look down at my hands, why are they covered in blood?.

I hear her, she's screaming I push myself off the bed and run out to the hallway to see her body laying on the ground covered in blood. I drop to my knees next to her picking her body up into my arms, her eyes connect to mines but they don't look the same they're cold.

" I trusted you and look what you did to me, I hate you, I HATE YOU!".She screamed at me and just like that I'm pulled out of my sleep looking around the dark from frantically.

I let my head drop in my hands. "Shit, that's the fifth time I've had that dream tonight".

**************************************

"Do you think I should get therapy?".

Gia stops folding the piece of baby fabric in her hands to look at me.

" Do you think you need it?".

"I don't know, whenever I think about it I can't stop crying. The bullet missed my heart by a few inches I think this kind of stuff needs therapy".

" How are you going to leave, your still married and you'll have to get a divorce if you want to take the baby out of the country".

"I know, Dad said he'll take care of it don't ask me how I just hope it doesn't come to more gun warfare".

" Franny your being an optimist, they're enemies how exactly do you think he's going to 'solve this". She emphasized.

She has a point, their way of solving things always revolves around someone getting shot, I'm not getting involved anymore let them figure that out I tried my best but look where it got me in the end.

"And you know sooner or later you're going to have to face him, but don't worry I got your back". She said making me laugh.

" Oh yea you do, the first gun you see your going to haul ass out of there ".

She fake gasped making me laugh again.

"He keeps sending me cheques and I keep them up and giving them back to Marco, I don't want his freaking money, I just want him out of my life!".

" You'll need it for the baby-".

I cut her off.

"I have my own money to take care of him".

" From the restaurant he bought you?".

"No he can have that back, I just want to start over my life and move on from this".

Easier said than done though, I still love him but I'm terrified by the thought of being with him.

I'm terrified of the thought of him with someone else, what if he loves her more than he did me?, or what if has her over right Now?.

I shook my head to rid them of these illusive thoughts. They'll just send me into a depressing mood and I'm already halfway there.

" Francesca!".

I turn to see Gia eyeing me with a confused expression. "Are you alright?, you just spaced out".

" I was just thinking about some things, I think that's the last of my things I'm all ready to go".

"Oh god all my friends just keep leaving me, first that bitch Gabriela now my best friend, seriously? You're making me consider hiding your passport-".

I gasped as realization hit me, "I don't have my passport I forgot that at his house and knowing him he'll never give that to me".

" Franny I don't know what to tell you to do I mean everything is just so confusing, you're making me want to go over to that son of bitch myself ". She said glaring at the ground.

"I swear I'm going to miss you when and if I get to leave this place".

**************************************

I was flipping through the channels unconsciously, my thoughts were too scattered for need to focus right now, I felt my phone vibrating next to me and when I looked down at the flashing name on the phone my heart nearly jumped out of my chest but not with love it was from fear.

Why was he calling?, we have no reason to speak. Every time I see his name the memories flood my mind and I'm drawn back there all over again.

I took my foot and kicked it off the chair making the battery fall out of the phone.

I put my hand over my chest trying to calm my breathing, this man is going to let me have a panic attack.

**************************************

Joseph Salvatore's POV

(Francesca's Father)

" Italy always belonged to me and this little punk thinks he's in control of it?, I want it back all of it! And I want his fucking head right here!".

"Yes boss".

" He's at his weakest right now, grieving over my stupid stubborn daughter, they're both alike that's why it's always so easy to get to them, especially her. Normally I'd tell her you made your bed go lay in it but I realized how novel this moment is how easy it'll be to use this against him and he was so fucking stupid he practically handed it over to me. Look around boys we're getting back our home".

"He'll never hand it over that easy boss".

I scoffed.

" Do they ever?, I just need him out and once I send her away I know he'll just chase after her and once the cat's away the mice shall play".

I always get what I want and I know how to get it.