Chapter 5

"Francesca, is everything okay?". My father asked, Vinny warned me not to call him but I had to he's been calling me all day.

" Everything is alright, when are you getting here".

"Soon I just have and business to finish and speaking of business I have someone to introduce to my grandchild, his grandmother".

" Dad what are you saying you know mom's dead why would you say that".

"Ah I know you would think that but no I'm talking about Vinny's mother-".

" What?, where did you see her?, I haven't seen that lady since his father died, does Vinny know?".

"Don't worry he will, I have to go now child take care".

He hung up and I immediately dialed Vinny's number, after the fifth try and he didn't answer I got angry. Why does he always do that to me.

My mind drifted to what my father said, goes how did he find her, where did he find her, Vinny never talks about his mother and I never pry on it either. I fell back on the bed feeling frustrated, when will all this crap end.

Vinny's POV

We were on the east side of Italy where Joe and his rats were spotted, I don't think there was ever a man that pisses me off like Joe fucking Salvatore my biggest regret is letting that son of a bitch live this long.

" Boss he's not here ".

" Of fucking course!, tell me why the fuck in my country can't I find this fucking rat!, it shouldn't be this hard, unless someone's betraying me ". I turned to my men." I pay you motherfuckers good don't I?".Don't I!".

"Yes boss".

" Of course I do, I let you sell your shit as long as I get a cut, I'm a fucking fair person but then why would you betray that!". I glared at them.

"You think that fucking rat is going to give you this much privilege?, I've seen that fuckers work, he gets greedy he takes all for himself now why would you want him as a boss?. Get the fuck out of my face and find me that rat!"

"Yes boss".

" Marko! ".

He walked over to me, he was my right hand man, I trust him, he's like a brother.

" Boss ".

"Give me an update of my wife's house".

" No ones been in there since her brother left this morning and she hasn't left the house either".

"Good, you see anyone go in there even stand to long on her steps order the fucking team to kill them".

" Yes boss ".

We got back in the car and I picked up my cell it must have fell out of my pocket.

When I put it on I see a few missed calls from my wife, what I would do to hold her right now fuck I miss her.

I call her back knowing she'll be angry that I didn't pick up to begin with.

"Baby I miss you so much".

" Apparently not enough to answer your god damn phone, why the heck do you always do that to me".

"I'm sorry it fell out in the car-".

" Really that's your excuse?".

"It's not an excuse it's the truth".

She started yelling and I sat back with my phone but my ear smiling, I could just picture her face with that wrinkle in her nose when she angry, throwing her hands in the air to emphasise how upset she is.

"Vinny are you even listening?".

"I love you Francesca".

" Huh?, what?, why did you say that so easy?".

I let out a laugh.

"Because I do, and I miss you like crazy now".

Her voice good soft.

"I miss you too Vinny".

I sighed.

"Today's been a long day baby".

"Why didn't you tell me your mother was still alive".

My entire body went still and my hands went into fist.

"How do you know that?".

" My father told me that today and I'm guessing this is what he was expecting me to do call you and tell you".

"Fuck!".

" Vinny I'm sorry I didn't - I should have expected that".

"Baby I have to go".

" Okay bye I love you".

"I love you to".

I shut the phone off.

"Get me over to San Marino right now!".

How the fuck did he even find her!.