Chapter 7

The sound of the plane landing shakes me out of my sleep, I clutch onto my baby as he sleeps quietly in my hand, when the door opens in ushered out of my seat quickly and into a waiting black SUV, my thoughts drift to Vinny he's probably beating himself up over this, or planning how he's going to kill my father. I hate this, I hate always having to pick between the two my father will always be my father I don't think I'll find another man like Vinny Mancinelli again.

I look out the window not recognizing where we're going, it looks like the outskirts of Venice maybe.... The car pulls into a drive way I see my father standing with a smug look on his face and his hands shoved into his pockets, I have a thing or two to say to him. The doors opened for me and I get out.

"Francesca my child, how was the flight?".

" Cut the crap dad, what the hell do you think you're doing?, using your own family as bait over drugs and money? -".

"You don't know what you're talking about".

" I don't?, you maybe right about that I don't know you at all, I keep falling for your lies and manipulation because somewhere deep inside I actually believed you changed but you disappointing me and stirring up shit".

"You're an ungrateful child, I was the one putting you back together when that son of a bitch nearly killed you, you should be begging me to kill him but instead look at you falling right back into his traps, I should have left you there with him you would have been dead by now".

"And I regret the day you came back into my life father, your crude and you call Vinny heartless have you seen yourself lately you're no different". My eyes burn with unshed tears but I refuse to cry, not here and certainly not in front of this man.

"Put her inside, she's becoming a nag like her mother".

"Don't touch me!". I held onto Orlando and walked into the house, I stumble a bit when I see Vinny's mother sitting on a chair her face sad as she stares off into her own daydream.

Seeing her face made memories flash into my mind, Vinny always loved her mobster or not.

"Mrs.Mancinelli?". I call to her and she stiffens before she sees me.

" Francesca, is that you sweetheart, my how you've grown". She walks over to me. "This must be my grand baby, he looks just like his father when he was a baby". She reaches for him and I give him to her, she rocks him back and forth smiling down at him, her eyes filled with unshed tears. " He's perfect, I always knew you were the one for him Francesca that boy has loved you since you were both babies".

I try to hide my smile, I can't believe she's been alive all this time, my father made me believe Vinny killed her along with his father another manipulation, he's been lying to me since day one.

The door opens and in walks my father. "I see we're having a family reunion, no time for that we have somewhere to be but first, he grabs Vinny's mother then slaps her hard making her fall over. " Dad what the fuck is wrong with you!".

"Quiet!, don't think I won't do the same to you child!".

" You sick son of a bitch!".

He takes his phone out and dials a number.

"Do you hear that boy, that's your mother crying, you decide how this ends boy-".

" Vinny!". I shout hoping he hears my voice, he was probably wondering if I was alive or not.

****************************************

Vinny's POV

"Joe I'll fucking kill you if you hurt my family!" I hear my wife's voice in the back, she's there, he has her, that fucking rat, I'll strangle him with my bare hands.

"You decide how this ends boy".

" We both know how this ends, let my family go and fight me fair Joe, you're weak and spineless just like him, no wonder you two were friends you should have died with him that day"

I throw the phone out of my hand I'm sick of hearing his voice. He doesn't even give a shit that that's a baby in the middle of this, I hope she finally sees that asshole for what he is.

The entire place is filled with my men just waiting for the order to kill but I can't risk that I need to make sure my family's she first, be thinks he can walk back in here and take Italy from me?, has he lost his fucking mind it doesn't work like that.

"Someone's fucking me over". I look over at Marko, he's the only one who knew where my mother was no one else not even my wife. He's like a brother to me why would he Fuck me over, I stand my gun digging into my skin from the tight grip. Some of my men sitting at the table looks up at me as I walk over to Marko. "Stand and look me in the eye".

He stands pushing his chair back. " Boss".

"You betrayed me Marko, only you knew where my mother was -". I pause. "I consider you a brother-".

" You think I betrayed you boss?".

"Don't fucking interrupt me when I'm talking!, you shut the fuck up and I'll tell you when to open your goddamn mouth!". My blood is boiling with anger I feel like blowing his fucking head off I hate all this talking shit. "What's in it for you, what he promise you?, money?, drugs?, power?, talk to me I wanna know, let me fucking hear it!".

"You got this wrong I never told him anything, he's smart you know that, when have I ever fucked you over Joe's a fucking rat boss I want him dead just as you".

"This isn't adding up Marko, I don't trust easily and right now things aren't looking to good on your part"

"Boss I got the jammers you wanted for the house". Luca walks in directing all the attention to him.

"Set it up".

He takes a weird tech device out of a box and puts it on the table, when he turns it on a loud buzzing sound is heard in the living room, I hear it coming from upstairs, I walk into the living room behind one of the paintings the buzzing sound is getting louder, I take the picture down and there's a small gadget the source of the noise. Luca standing behind me I hear him say in disbelief. "A bug".

"The house is bugged".

"What?".

" The entire house is bugged boss".

"How the fuck did he get into my house?".

" I don't know boss but however he did it, it worked".

"Destroy them all -". I pause remembering what I was doing before Luca came. "Where the fuck is Marko?". Everyone looks around. " You gotta be fucking me! He got out, but there's one thing about a rat, he always leads you to his home, Luca! Trace his cell".