Chapter 10

"Shut it Francesca!" My father's voice is harsh, I hear Vinny's mother praying in Italian. "Dad don't do it she hasn't done anything to you".

" One more word, just one more word". He threatens.

I hear Vinny's voice and usually that would bring hope into me by not today, today was different the situation was different, every nerve in my body took this time to shake with fright, what if this turns into a western movie and they begin to shoot at each other surely we'll get caught in the crossfire.

"Joe this is between me and you, you wanna settle this shit now then let's do it, just me and you". Vinny steps out from behind his car, his men all armed and dangerous never take their eyes off the competition.

"You have me at the neck, I'm not going to bargain whether my family lives or not, you want me here I am". He put his hand up as he approached us, our eyes locked for a fraction of a second, he walks past us and stops. "Francesca, get up and go put the baby in the car".

"That's not the way this works boy, you don't get to call the shots now"..

" You have me where you want me, there's no need for her to kneel with the fucking baby in her hand".

I hear my father make a frustrating noise before he signals for us to get, he already has Vinny there's no need for hostages, tears roll down my cheeks as I think about what's to come next.

I stand and his mother follows, when we're almost in the car, that's where it all begins, the sound of windows shattering followed by loud explosions, I fell to the floor of the car, thank god it was bulletproof but not sound proof, I covered my baby as machine guns splayed rapidly the noise was intense, deafening, frightening, I was scared to move a muscle as the gunfire seemed like it will never end.

After a few more minutes of this I rose slowly and turned, my eyes wide as I looked at Vinny's mother, blood was seeping from her chest, her breathing was already becoming weaker and weaker, I looked through the window in sight of Vinny but only blood and bodies, I pressed my hand to her chest to try to stop the bleeding but it was too much.

"Please, hold on". I cried, she began coughing up blood I could feel her pain and it killed me to know I couldn't do more for her, I saw some men coming out of the house running and then Vinny, he too was hurt as he came over to the car blood dripping down his arm.

" Mama". He held her and lifted out of the car. "No". He said in disbelief. " How!". He shouted and then looked up at me. "I don't know, she must have gotten hit before we got in the car".

He shook his head and looked down at her eyes that were closed now. "Get a fucking ambulance". He shouted to one of his men.

He held on to her lifeless body and cried, he cried as a baby would for his mother. "No, mama, no, I'm sorry".

Tears rolled down my cheek as I looked on. " Mama, I'm so sorry". He cried.

The sound of sirens approaching and lights flashing as he cops and the ambulance came.

When they picked up her body Vinny stayed on his knees crying, he looked broken and I leaned down to touch him and he pulled away roughly.

"Why are you mad at me?". My voice breaking.

" Francesca.....I can't......not now". More tears. "I just can't.....".

I wiped the tears that were streaming down my face. I picked up my baby from in the car and held him close to me.

I saw my father's body being taken out of the house, his face was unrecognizable, I turned my head away at the sight, I couldn't cry for him, how could he ever think he could out number this is Italy this is where Vinny's mob is he challenged him on his soil and every mob man in the country came at him.

One of the men from the ambulance came over to Vinny to look at the blood running down his arm but the death threat his eyes sent him the man froze then backed up.

Vinny stood and got in a nearby car and drove off, my heart stopped for a second as I looked at the back of the car fade away.

What happened from Vinny's Prospective. Switching views here guys please don't be confused.

I just need them out of the way, the cars are bullet proof they can hide in there until this is all over. My bullet proof vest itched my skin but I couldn't give a fuck as far as Joe thinks he has me at the throat, this is gonna end either way but I'm the end I don't care if I die trying to kill this fucking sick bastard as long as he's dead.

I listen as the car door opens, my men know there cue, bullets begin to fire rapidly, I feel one go right through my shoulder but I bite the pain as I draw my gun from my pocket, he fire's his directly at my chest, the bullet stings my skin, Fuck!, it's close to the real thing.

"You think I wouldn't come prepared?". I hear the helicopter hovering and they begin to fire their missiles at the house, the impact makes a big explosion sending the two of us crashing to the floor, a loud buzzing sound cuts off my hearing as I fumble to get up, those crazy bastard's are so trigger happy they just wanted to use the helicopter since we rarely ever use it.

I see Joe looking around for his gun, blood on his face from hitting the ground, I reach for mines and I aim it at him, he mouths something to me and I laugh no more mind games Joe this ends now.

The first one hits him directly in the middle of his forehead, then I just hold the trigger till the barrel is empty.

His face, I hated his fucking face I made it so not even his ghost will be able to recognize him.

I get up fumbling my body hurts every-fucking-where.

I walk over to the bullet riddled car in search of my family. I open the door and my breathing ceases as I catch sight of my mother and Francesca, I grab a hold of her lifting her out of the car but I could already feel it, she's dead.

I see Francesca trying to console me but I can't not now, my mother was the reason for me to control everything I would have given my life to protect her any day.

This is it, I feel my anger taking over again but the reason behind it is dead, what the fuck is left now?, I got what I wanted but lost something greater in the end.