Chapter 3

Picture Above (Vinny and Francesca)

"Francesca!". My brother said happily as he came towards us.

" You look well Angelo". I said as he hugged me and the baby.

"Me?, look at you I swear I thought you were dead and it freaked me the hell out. Come on let's get you all over to your new apartment it's out of the city so you can take my nephew to the parks without all the unnecessary noise".

" Really?, that sounds great finally I could get to relax with my baby".

When we got to the house it was just as Angelo said, a nice view and a quiet neighborhood away from the public and there's a park not to far from here.

"So tell me how have you been?". He asked.

I let out a deep breath."If I say good I'd be lying, having all of your worse fears play out in front of you isn't something to smile about".

" What happened with us?, with our lives, I shouldn't have moved away and left you in Italy all alone after mom died maybe things could've been different".

"I doubt it, it's the inevitable somehow I sorta knew I would end up with him I must have missed a few pages because honestly didn't see this happening". I said pointing to my chest where the bullet penetrated.

"Dad seems to think that's the way he was all this time and it was a matter of time before he turned on you too".

" Well he was right though". Yes my father was always good at scrutinizing my relationship with Vinny.

We both got silent getting caught in our own enigmatic minds.

I let out a yawn, it was a bit late and Angelo looked like he had somewhere to be.

"I'll come but tomorrow i have a surprise for you". He said as he pulled me in for a hug.

" I think I hate surprises". I said sourly

"Don't be that way you'll like this one".

It better not be more guns.

**************************************

The next morning I felt in a much better mood, I picked out a strapless dress that ended mid thigh, the weather was perfect outside and I may actually take Orlando to the park today, I wish Gia was here though and that reminds me I should call her and check up on her.

I skipped down the stairs hearing the sound of some baby show I put on for Lando in the living room. I hummed a song of my own in my head as I made myself lunch feeling my hair which has grown extremely long and curly because I'm never in the mood to straighten it out.

I was just about to cut up a few vegetables when I heard a very familiar voice behind me making me gasp and grip the knife tighter.

What the fuck...

I slowly turned to see his sleepless face staring at me intently.

" W-what are you doing here, you're not suppose to be here. You have to leave".

He looked different, I hate this look on him I would much rather his angry scowl and clenched jaw not this sad hopeless look he was giving me right now.

"How did you even find me". I said my voice barely audible.

He was making me scared out of my chest right now, what the hell is he doing here looking like a freaking psychopath.