Chapter 8

"Here take this and put it in your pocket quickly".

I looked at him curiously but I took it anyway.

"Marko what are you doing here, is Vinny with you?". He runs a hand over his face that was clearly etched with frustration.

"It's always about him, what about me?, who gives a fuck about me right?, I'm sidekick no one ever sees the one that does all the dirty work but no one gives a fuck!". He shouts at me and I flinch away from him.

"What the fuck are you talking about and why are you talking like that -".

"Why do you care about him so much, he tried to kill you".

" He's my husband Marko, I don't need a reason to love him -".

"Of course not he's brain washed you, he was supposed to die that night at the strip club everything was planned every fucking thing".

Flashback

"Boss a call just came in some shit went down at your strip joint".

" What do you mean some shit?".

"Angie said one of the girls got caught tryna steal a bunch of coke, she said the guards searched her and found the shit".

" You're fucking with me, that bitch tried to steal from me?, no one steals my shit!".

"We're ready when you are boss just say the word".

" I'll meet you there Marko".

I shut my phone off, the guards from the surveillance from are all gathered down at the front I just need the cameras down for ten minutes.

The second I hear him enter I know what to do but I hesitate, he's considered me a friend for a long time but everyone knows in this lifestyle you can't trust anyone.

He's gotten soft, getting married having kids talking about he's thinking of leaving this lifestyle, he can leave but through death.

The lights in the club are on a timer they flash quickly then fade leaving the club dark for five seconds. I see him, he's looking around, three lights start flashing and I aim the gun at him just a second before the lights fade and then pull it.

I let some shots go in the air before I run over to him, when the lights are back on I see he's still standing holding his chest. "Marko what the fuck is this?".

" It's the Russians boss, she was selling the coke to those motherfuckers".

"Get me out of here, I wanna see my wife".

The fact that he still has all this strength to even fucking move pisses me off.

I hear screaming from in the limo then my cell vibrating. "What!".

" Mrs.Mancinelli's having the baby I'm taking her to the hospital".

"Fine -".

I feel my bosses body collapsing, that's it, don't fight it.

****************************************

"Joe it's done, do what you need to, but just remember our deal, I give you Vinny and we run Italy".

"Son I'm a man of my word, you do your part I do mine".

Flashback end.

I gasped. " That was you..... You tried to kill him..... But why.... He trusted you, with everything!"..."Why now!, why betray him now when he has so much to loose-".

"I don't give a fuck about that!, he never considered what I lost!, my family lost everything, has anyone ever thought about the men that were part of his father's gang?, all killed out every last one of them, my father was one of those men!".

" But how is that Vinny's fault Marko?, he sacrificed alot killing his own father"

"Would you two shut up!". My father came in the room saying. " You what the fuck are you doing here I didn't send for you".

"He's figuring it out, he's putting the pieces together, I...I had to get out".

My father smiled. " Ah, finally thinking with his brain instead of his trigger finger".

"I'm a dead man Joe, he's gonna come for my head I know it".

"Listen here son I ain't your fucking babysitter quit your crying".

"This is all your fucking fault, you talked me into this shit-".

" Shut up". My father threatened him.

"I betrayed my boss for you and I come to you for help now and this is how you treat me?".

" What were you expecting me to sit you on my lap and tell you everything's going to be alright?".

"You're fucked up -". Marko turned to me. " That day when the cops stormed the house looking for drugs, did you know that was him?, he sent the heat to you to get Vinny off his trail like the selfish bastard he is".

"Marko, I'm warning you your swimming in dangerous waters now son -".

" Dad you were always good at using you're family as bait". I said to him and he glared at me.

"Francesca don't fucking start, they didn't hurt you so you have nothing to be mad about".

" I have every reason to be mad, they were pointing guns at me and the baby -".

"How is that any different from what Vinny does to you". He shot back dismissing me.

Marko started laughing. "Ah, good old Joe, I'll see you in hell".

"Maybe one day sure but not today"

Marko turned to leave but he stopped pulling his gun out but before he could pull the trigger loud shots exploded in the room my dad's men got to him first, I threw myself on the ground to dodge from the bullets, Marko's body fell with blood dripping his gun dropping out of his hand.