Prologue

The Guardian Angel

By CasroCSIFIVE

PROLOGUE

       It was a dark night at the two-story, suburban, Green ville, Wisconsin home of John Anderson and his daughter, Sarah Anderson on Park-view Drive.  Up past her usual bedtime, Sarah was on her knees, elbows propped up against the pink blanket on her twin-sized bed.  The room, painted with cute child drawings and TV show posters and other miscellaneous items, also was a sanctum for the lonely girl.  Each and every night, she asked God for her father's health, as well as to have a good life and other things; being a little kid, some of what she asked for included a game system, a new bike, etc. But for the most part, she wished for the good life she'd always dreamed of.

     John knocked on the door to Sarah's room.  Seeing that she was still up, he frowned upon entering. "Sarah, I thought I said it was your bedtime almost an hour ago" demanded her father.

     "I'm sorry dad.." she said, finished praying. "I was just praying."

     John smiled. "Is that so? Why are you praying?"

     "I just want to make sure mommy is happy, and to see if she could watch and protect me.

 John grinned. "Well, in the way of making people know your point. Acts of kindness, I'm not so sure."

    "Da-ad," Sarah whined and eventually started pouting as John laughed.     

    "All right, hurry up, get to bed" he said, while he stood in her bedroom doorway.    

     "Dad, do you think God can hear my prayers?" Sarah questioned.

     John turned back to his beautiful little girl, replying, "Of course, my dear, and your guardian angel will too."  She sat there curious as can be. Of course, John noticed the look on her face, so he took the liberty to further explain.

     "A guardian angel is an angel that watches over you to protect you and, sometimes, even heals you a time of need."

     "How do you get your guardian angel?" she asked.

     "By looking at the stars in the sky and asking for a guardian angel. If you get a yes, one of the stars will shine brightly but only you will see it." He saw the eagerness in her eyes. Sarah had to have everything, but having a guardian angel, she wanted most of all.  

   .  It seemed like a worthy dream to chase.

    She continued to pray very softly for quite some time and at last, she whispered amen. One could hear the hope in her voice. Once that she finished her prayer, she didn't know what to do. She should have also prayed for more patience, because she couldn't bare to wait any longer. She even began to beleive the story wasn't true, but she held fast to her faith. 

     Before she knew it, she saw a special star and knew that her guardian angel had answered her prayers. It was shining so brightly, but John couldn't see it, only she could. 

     What a cute little kid.