Chapter 15

Chapter 15- The days go on

        Chase walked into the David J. Church,  50 miles away from where Sarah's  house was located.    Chase was looking for an Angel called Afra.  Afra was a beautiful  Angel with  long blond hair, big brown eyes and very strong facial features.  She looked like a supermodel.  She stood at nearly 6 feet tall.  Although beautiful, she was also very formidable and had lost her Wings due to an unfortunate incident 15 years ago.  Afra was no longer an Angel and for this reason, Chase desperately needed to talk to her for he too was in a similar situation.  

    Chase knew that losing her wings was a sore subject but he had to talk to her.  Chase was approached by the Pastor.  "Can I help you?"    Before Chase could speak, Afra appeared.  Although still beautiful, losing her wings had aged her tremendously.  Chase had a  lump in his throat as Afra approached him.  "Pastor, this man is with me".  The Pastor left the two alone in silence.  

   Years ago,  Afra was assigned to protect a human child named Zack, she had revealed herself as an Angel and put Zack in danger and it had been decided that she was to lose her wings and all the powers that go with it.  Chase knew he was also in danger of losing his wings.  She was forced to fall to earth to become human.  Her immortality imminent.  "Maybe losing my wings wouldn't be so bad" Chase thought to himself as his stomach turned upside down.  

     Afra broke the deafening silence.  "Chase, what's wrong?  I know you didn't come all this way just to visit.  I know I don't have my wings but I can still sense things.  You are in trouble, aren't you?"   Chase gulped, "I put my human in danger and I can't turn back, I don't know what to do". 

        Afra put her hand over Chase', "Tell me",  she said in a commanding voice.  Chase explained that he have given Sarah the vessel of souls and that the Soul Collector had followed her and her friend.   

     "Chase,  I know that you did not mean to put your human in danger and I can tell that you care about her.  You are forgiven this one time but if it happens again, you will be a fallen angel like me and your powers will disappear and the people in your life now will not remember who you are or the work that you have done.  Now, leave this place and go take care of Sarah!"   Relieved,  Chase gave a nod to Afra as though they both understood each other.  Each one knowing they would not see each other again and, if they did meet again, it would not be pleasant.  Chase turned and walked out of the Church.  "Take good care of Sarah!" said Afra,  slightly envious that she did not have a human to care for any longer.  Her existence, was now a lonely one.  She watched as Chase slowly disappeared through the door, his movement made the windchimes sound a solemn sound.

        Sarah had a look of broadness on her face as she sat in her room with nothing to do. "Why the glum face?"  asked Chase.  Startled but calm, Sarah said "because there nothing to do!"  Chase smiled, having anticipated her response.  "Well, what do you want to do?"  "Hmm, can we just hang out and talk"? Sarah asked. "So Sarah, are you excited to visit your Grandparents?" Excited, Sarah said "Yes, I haven't seen them in a very long time and, they always give me candy or money when I visit, they totally spoil me!"   Chase smiled at the thought.  "Hey Chase, have you seen my necklace?"  Hesitant to answer, Chase said, "uh, I had to take it back to Heaven."   "Oh okay, so who did you see in Heaven anyways?" she asked.  "I saw my Mother, she told me to tell you "Hello." Sarah smiled.  She swore she heard the wind chimes outside even though it was a perfectly calm day.   The two were silent as Sarah gently closed her eyes and fell asleep while Chase watched as her breathing became almost silent.  A calmness took over the household.  What they didn't realize was that Trever was plotting a sinister plan to kill Sarah and Chase.  Trevor needed the Soul Collector  and the Human girls' souls to gain his strength to rise to the ultimate power.  Trevor would then kill all the other  angels and any other religious beings.