Chapter 20

Chapter 20-Three weeks

    Time seemed to stand still for the Andersons.  The accident had taken its toll on the family but they were happy to get back to their normal routine.  Everything was surreal.  No one had seen Chase.  Was he mad?  Was he hurt?  Was he in trouble?  Even though Sarah had a near death experience, she couldn't get her mind off Chase.  Reluctantly, John had to go to work, he did not want to leave Sarah alone but he had no choice.  Sarah lie in bed, restless after so much time of doing nothing.  

  She was watching tv when the bell rang from the front door and she got up and opened the door to see Chase. She instantly hugged him  "Chase you're back!"  Chase hung his head "I can't stay this time Sarah".  Shocked, Sarah whined "but why?"  "I need to finish my training and because  I put you at risk, I have to leave".  Sarah looked confused and angry at the same time. "Chase, you would never put me at risk, I know that!"  Chase looked down and then up at Sarah and said sternly, "I put you at risk when I gave you the vessel of souls, you will see me again though, I promise."

    They did pinky promise and Chase gave Sarah her a light blue necklace in the shape of a cross.  "Thank you!" she said.   "Your welcome and you know what?" he whispered.  "What?" she said " I am not a dark Angel anymore.  Now, I am a Guardian Angel with different color wings."  "Oh yeah?  What color exactly?" asked Sarah.   "Bright blue, just like the other Angels like me" he said.  "Cool!   Did you say good bye to my Dad?"   Chase nodded, "I sure did!  I have to go now, remember, I will be back, be good Sarah!"  They hugged each other for the last time and Chase disappeared.  Sarah looked back and saw a ray of sunshine where Chase had been walking.  The clouds slowly closing in on the bright light.  Sarah smiled as the front door closed.