aftermath

Stiles sat on the couch and couldn't help but keep remembering the way it felt...

The way fear filled him as he was in Peters trembling arms and the smell. Peter had that smell. The scent of anxiety. The harsh tang of stress or fear sweat. It had filled Stiles nose and the feeling of Peter shaking as he held him in his steel like grip had been down right terrifying.

Then he had felt him slowly release him and then just like that...

His whole world changed.

Dereks strong arms grabbed him up and smashed him up against his chest so fast. He could tell that he was backing away from Peter and the smell of Derek engulfed him. It was almost overwhelming.

Sandalwood and pine mix with his natural male musk that tickled his nose and made his spine tingle and his skin break out in goosebumps. The slight hint of mint was there when his breath ghosted across his cheek.

The soft warm feel of his tee shirt was covering hot hard muscle. Fuck Scott didn't lie. Derek was nothing but muscle. Hard and hot and all around him. Fuck Stiles felt his body start to react so he tried to think of anything else. He had only been in Dereks arms for a few moments. But that was all it took.

Stiles shook himself out of his reverie. He spoke up and held Scotts arm. "Its okay. Nothing bad happened. Why is everyone so quiet. Its okay. Im okay see. Stiles isnt broken or anything." Stiles flailed a bit pointing to himself.

Scotts voice filled the air. "But what would have happened... I know its none of my business ... But if Peter had not let go what would have happened? Is Stiles safe living here in this building?"

"Scott!" Stiles yelled and shook his arm.

"No it's a good question. I understand." Peters voice spoke up. "I was released from a mental Institute. I have... problems. Sometimes if someone touches me I lash out. Ive gotten better over the years. I havent hurt anyone in years. Im better now..." Peter sounded like he was trying to convince himself too.

Dereks voice spoke up then "Peter is not a threat to anyone. Hes better now. What just happened showed that he is better. Stiles is as safe here as he is anywhere else."

Stiles tilts his head in the direction Dereks voice is coming from. He tries to picture his face. The discription Scott gave him was pretty good. He could almost see it in his mind. He must be really handsome.

"Everything is fine. Okay." Stiles said as he reached out automatically for his cane.

There was shuffling then he felt who he knew to be Derek press his cane hands into his hand. Their fingers brush and Stiles has to supress a shiver.

"I..." Derek is still crouched beside him. Stiles points his face towards his voice. Stiles blinks and wished he could see Dereks face. "It was my fault for scaring your friend."

Stiles takes a breath and then reaches out feeling the warm material of Dereks shirt and feels its his shoulder he is touching. He lays his hand there then pats gently. "Its okay Big Guy." Stiles give him a crooked smirk. "Just try not to look like such a phsyco serial killer around Scott. Hes sensitive."

"I am not sensitive." Scott blurts and grumbles.

Derek is tense under his touch. Stiles can feel his muscle is tense and hard as a rock. There is almost a hint of a tremble. It was obviously Peter wasn't the only one having trouble with touching. Stiles slides his fingers away from Dereks shoulder instantly missing the contact.

He hears shuffling that tells him Derek has moved away from him.

Stiles sighs and then stands up. Scott is instantly up with him pressing his shoulder to his shoulder. Stiles hand lifts to Scotts shoulder. "Sorry we barged in. Enjoy your pizza guys." Stiles feels scott angle towards the door and they walk over to it. They get into the hall before they hear Dereks voice.

"Please don't tell anyone about what happened with Peter..."

Stiles turns around to face Dereks voice. He feels scott turn with him. "I don't plan on telling anyone. Nothing happened anyway. To me Peter is still the funny landlord that thinks I am awesome. Which by the way I totally am. He also kept me from falling and breaking my neck. So hes all around cool with me. Theres no trouble here. And Scott wont tell anyone. It's a bro code thing. Right Scott."

"y-yeah..." Scotts voice sounded hesitant.

"So we are good." Stiles hears a grunt from Derek which obviously meant he was okay with Stiles answer. Stiles bites his bottom lip and feels his cheeks flush hot a bit. " And uh... thanks Derek... For helping me."

Then there was another deeper grunt and Stiles turned with Scott and went back to his own apartment.

"Dude... that was so weird..." Scott said as they got inside.

"Yeah..." Stiles agrees and cant help but still smell Dereks very tantalizing scent cling to him. Teasing him. He flushed again and knew that he was going to be dreaming of Dark haired muscular man with dark eyes and a heated touch.