the great Batman Debate

Stiles felt like an idiot. Like a complete coward. Hed made a fool of himself in front of Derek in the most unmanly way. No wonder the guy thought he was an idiot. Ugh.

Yet, here the guy was still trying to save his door. Which, according to Scott and Isaac, was a total goner.

Not that listening to Derek grunt and growl and make those damn sexy noises trying to fix the door wasn't fun. It was. It had him trying wondering if Derek was as vocal durring sex. What no wait... He totally wasn't thinking that... okay maybe a little.

His eyes might not be in order but his other pieces were all in working condition. And his sense of smell was letting him smell just how hard Derek was working on the door as he stood talking to him after giving him the soda.

Damn. Derek smelled amazing. Stiles never ever expected to think that sweat would smell good. But Derek sweat. Okay calm down before you start drooling. Stiles repremanded himself.

He heard Derek sigh and then that voice, so smooth and deep, came to him again. "The door is not going to be fixed tonight Stiles. Its already too late to go to the store to get another one..." He sounded angry.

Stiles let one of his slanted smirks pull at his lips. "Hey, that's okay. You did everything you could. I think its time to call it." After a moment he didn't hear anything so he explained. "You know like on tv where the doctors call time of death. Only... for the door." Stiles chuckles as he hears Derek grunt back at him. Damn. He really wanted to hear this too serious guy laugh.

"Stiles. Its not safe to stay here without a locked door." Derek sounded guilty now.

Stiles realized he was right and suddenly fear sliced into him hard and he tensed and he reached over by the doorway and grabbed the bat that he had in the umbrella rack. "I uh... I have this..." He brandished the weapon.

"Stiles I am serious. You cant stay here tonight. Its not safe." Stiles felt Derek reach out and tug at the bat and Stiles scowled.

"What I could totally go Babe Ruth on some dude." Stiles puffed up as he felt the bat slip from his fingers. "I am not going to just leave my apartment open for anyone to just come in and take whatever they want Derek." Stiles couldn't help but feel the panic start to creep up inside his chest.

"You go stay with your friends and I will stay here and guard your place. I wont let anyone take your stuff." Dereks voice sounded closer.

Stiles blinked and tilted his head towards Dereks voice as he sputtered "Wha- what"

"I am the one that broke your door. Ill make sure no one gets in here. Go to your friends. Ill take care of everything. Please just get them out of here so I don't murder them. They are driving me crazy." Derek sounded annoyed.

Stiles tilted his head feeling a little curious look on his face. "You're such a people person."

"And youre a sarcastic smart mouth." Derek growled at him.

Stiles smirked and ran his fingers through his hair as if preening. "Hey Im 147 pounds of blind pale skin and fragile bones. Sarcasm is my only defense."

"Stiles!" Derek snapped at him.

"What?" Stiles flailed a bit in exasperation.

"Shut up." Dereks annoyed voice made him want to push at the bigger mans buttons more.

"Im not going to go anywhere. I am staying here." Stiles puffed up and stood as tall as he could.

"Damnit Stiles!" Derek was snarling now and damn if it wasn't sexy to hear him all alpha male pushy and frustrated.