Red Coral

'Purple Diamond pov.'
We wait in complete silence for our friends to join us on the ship. Time seems to pass forever before a beeping fills the air and a huge hologram screen pops up. It shows a small escape pod approaching our giant ship. Azurite tenses and we wait for it to dock. A few minutes later the elevator chimes and Red Coral limps onto the bridge. Azurite let's out a sigh of relief and goes to embrace her lover. Coral salutes me and I give her a light hug.

"I guess we wait for the others now huh?" Amber asks while she looks at the screen. I nod and Coral comes to sit with me.

"My Dear perhaps you could take our Purple Diamond to her garden? The plants should be in full bloom." Azurite says with a strained smile. Coral nods and we walk to the elevator. It takes us up to the highest level of the ship, a large dome that covers a gorgeous garden. We go for a stroll and end up in my favorite spot, a gorgeous tree in the very center of the garden. It has black bark, red crystalline leaves, and green berries. It sort of resembles a very old oak tree from earth. *sigh* earth. If the rebellion accepts us that will be our new home. Coral seems to sense my unhappiness and smiles at me.

"My Diamond, how about we climb the tree?" I give her a smile smile and use my gem to create a little bag around my neck. She pulls a curved sword out of her gem and uses it as leverage to climb the tree. I back up and start pulling shields out of my gem. I throw them at the tree and they make a sort of staircase. I giggle and run up them as we race to the top. I reach it first and Coral pouts when she joins me.

"You have to be faster if you want to beat me Coral!" I tease as I cling to the tree. She sticks her tongue out and we sit down together on the branch. She offers me a berry and I take it with a smile. Mmm, so juicy. We sit and eat berries together while we think over our situation. What if the others don't come? What if Turquoise doesn't come? What if she's been captured?! Oh it would be all my fault, I would never forgive myself. We start climbing down and picking berries as we go. We reach the bottom and the little bag I brought up is bulging with the green berries. There are a thousand recipes I can try with these. If White Diamond were here she would be ridiculing me for eating, such a primitive thing she always says. I suppose I really should stop talking about them. The only one I might miss is Blue Diamond but she didn't even try to stop them from killing me. If Azurite hadn't shown up they would have shattered my gem then and there.

"Another pod!" Coral cries as she looks out of the dome. My eyes snap to the pod and suddenly we're running as fast as we can to the elevator. We get to the bridge and see two gems, one tall, one short. I gasp and go to embrace them.