Baby Steven!

'Purple Diamond pov.'
I watch with a sad smile as Amber plays with Steven in the sand.

"My Diamond?" She questions. I blink in surprise and my hand goes to my face. I hadn't realized I was crying.

"I'm fine Amber. Reminiscing. How's my little nephew?" I coo as I walk down to them. The waves hit the beach lazily a few feet from us and Steven giggles as water droplets touch his face. I pick him up and kiss his cheeks.

"So like your mother. And very much like your father." I say as I turn to stare at Greg. He's doing...well. Rose's loss made him very upset. Since the new base is so large I offered to let him stay with us, after all Steven needs at least one parent.

"Hello Greg. How are those...hot dogs?" I ask as Steven yanks on my hair.

"They're great." Greg says as he flips them. I nod and peer at them suspiciously.

"I suppose I could try one since Amethyst is away with Pearl and Jade." I say nervously.

"Great! I know you'll love it." He says as he puts the hot dogs on a tray. He puts one in a bun and adds red stuff, yellow stuff, and green stuff. He hands it to me and I stare at it nervously before opening my mouth and taking a bite. I close my eyes and groan.

"It's so good! It's like...it's like nothing I've ever had before! Probably because I've never had meat before." I add as an afterthought. Steven laughs at me and I set the hotdog down.

"Is something funny little man?" I ask as I boop his nose with mine. He thinks this is hilarious and I giggle at his laughter.

"Hello Steven. Hello my love." Turquoise coos as she exits the base. Steven reaches out towards her with a grin and I hand him to her gently.

"You received a message from your Pearl. She said all of your followers are evacuating in small groups so the Diamond authority is none the wiser of your plans." She reports.

"Good. I assume they'll spread out around earth when they arrive, to renovate some of the old gem sites and destroy others." I say as she plays with Steven.

"Good plan PD." Amber says as she eats a hotdog.

"I know." I say. Amber kicks sand at me and I snicker as I step back.

"So there are gonna be more gems on earth?" Greg asks.

"Yes. Don't worry, Steven won't have a great part in this until he's much older. We'll train him to control his powers and protect himself in the case of battle but most likely he won't have to worry about hostile gems until he's much older." I say as the 9 month old boops Turquoise on the nose. I finish my hot dog and take Steven from her.

"It's time for someone's nap." I coo as he gives a sleepy yawn. I nod to the others and walk inside the base. It's really nothing more than a very high tech 10 room house. Since Garnet, Amethyst, and Pearl stay in the temple we really don't need more than that. I walk to my room and my gem glows to unlock the door. It opens to reveal a large crystalline room with elegant furniture and decorations. I summon a crib for Steven and lay him down in it.

"My little Diamond." I coo as I cup his cheek. I sigh and turn to the piano against the wall. I hit a few keys and hum quietly. I gasp as the walls and ground start shaking. I scoop Steven up and summon my shield. I cradle him close to me and hold my shield in front of us as I rush outside. Right as the doors slide open Amber lands at my feet with a grunt. I step in front of her just in time to block the attack from a corrupted gem. Turquoise is protecting Greg from another corrupted gem but she looks tired. Her scythe is slicing through the air at the gem. Amber stands up and summons a sword before launching herself at the gem before us. The doors to the temple open and Jade steps out with Garnet and Citrine and they watch in shock before attacking. Steven starts crying loudly and I rock him back and forth while humming silently. Garnet poofs one of the gems before bubbling it and sending it to the temple. The other one is holding Turquoise and Citrine in its claws while squeezing them harshly.

"Ugh a little help my stellar babe?" Citrine calls to Jade. The green gem looks at the monster before nodding.

"I am coming my love!" She shouts before jumping and swinging her mace at the monsters jaw. It makes a groaning sounds before poofing. Amber bubbles it and we all sigh in relief.

"Are you alright my gems?" I ask as Steven pulls my hair. Greg takes him from me with a stressed out look and I pat him on the shoulder.

"We're fine My Diamond." Amber sighs as she rubs her shoulder. Turquoise pulls me into a kiss and I giggle at her. A message pops up on her visor and she smiles.

"Oh good! Azurite and the others will be back tomorrow. The Sea Spire is almost renovated for the arrival of our troops." She says with a smile.

"Good. My gems will need a place to rest after running from the diamond authority." I say as I look at the sunset.

"Come My Diamond. Your Turquoise is in need of some much needed alone time with her favorite gem." Turquoise sighs as she lifts me into her arms. I laugh and shake my head.

"Goodnight girls! Goodnight Greg." I shout as Turquoise carries me inside. This world is amazing. How could anyone want to destroy it?