Steven's Friend

'Purple Diamond pov.'
"My Diamond I agree with Pearl, these can't be earthquakes." Azurite sighs as we stand on the beach.

"Yes, you're right. But what could they be?" I mumble to myself. My inner court stands around us talking quietly. When the rest of my gems arrived on earth a few, such as my Purple Pearl, were chosen to reside in Beach City with us.

"Hey look Steven has a bike!" Amethyst shouts.

"Where are you going Steven?" I ask him with a frown.

"Just out for a ride!" He says quickly. I hum in suspicion.

"In the sand?" Pearl questions.

"Is that safe?" Purple Pearl asks.

"Yup!" He shouts before rushing off. We stare after him in confusion.

"Lets go inside and spy on him." I deadpan. Everyone nods and we dart inside to stand by one of the large windows. Pearl and I aw when he starts trying to impress the girl. I wince when he falls over and Amethyst and Citrine laugh. He screams and runs towards the base and before we can move away from the window he opens the door and slams it behind him. We all stare at him before Pearl breaks the silence.

"Who were you talking to?" She asks.

"Huh?" He asks nervously.

"That girl." Jade and Garnet say.

"You saw? She's just a girl I know. Except she doesn't know me. We've never talked." Steven says with a blush. Amethyst gasps and squishes his cheeks.

"You like her!" She squeals.

"I like everyone!" Steven argues.

"We can set up a play date!" I announce. Steven gets wide eyed and blushes even more.

"Auntie!"

"I'll write up an invitation and figure out a schedule." Pearl says. Purple Pearl claps and nods.

"Oh we'll have to find out her favorite kind of tea-" Garnet cuts her off suddenly.

"No. Just talk to her." She suggests.

"Okay. But you guys can't watch this time! It'll mess up my funky flow." Steven says.

"Funky flow?" The entire group asks.

"We won't watch." Azurite says.

"Alright!" Steven says before running to the kitchen. He runs back out with a red glowing bracelet and we watch in confusion.

"What's that?" I ask.

"Nothing Auntie!" He says before the doors slam shut.

"Aw Steven's growing up." Citrine coos.

"I wish Turquoise were here to see this." I snort.

"Too bad she's helping to rebuild your plaza." Purple Pearl says. I sigh and nod.

"Well we all have stuff to do. Oh Citrine call Amber and Turquoise and check the progress of my Plaza. Jade, you go check on the progress of combing through the Kindergarten, and Azurite please go find someone at the Sea Spire who can tell me when it will officially be safe enough for Steven." I order. They all give me the diamond salute before going towards the warp pad room.

"Nothing for us My Diamond?" My Zircon asks as Purple Pearl stands at attention.

"Well if you want you could go help them rebuild the sky arena. I hear they're having trouble." I suggest. They salute me happily and rush off to warp there.

"I can't believe how far we've come in the past few years." Pearl sighs.

"Yeah. Feels like just yesterday we were the only non corrupted gems on planet. And since your Gems brought the cure there haven't been as many corrupt gems either." Amethyst says.

"Yes but there are still hundreds of them out there." I sigh. Pearl puts her hand on my shoulder and I sigh.

"I think I'd like to go for a walk. Perhaps we'll discover the source of the earthquakes." I suggest.

"We might as well go with you, not like we'll find the source by standing around." Pearl sighs. We walk towards town while discussing theories. I hear a crash and look towards the sound.

"Come on!" I shout. I start sprinting and gasp when I see Steven and the girl from before trapped in a bubble. A corrupted gem is charging at them. I leap in front and summon my shield. It glimmers in the light and blinds the monster.

"Auntie!" Steven shouts.

"Not to worry my little Comet, we'll deal with her!" I shout as the gems join me. I keep my shield up and back away as the gems advance. I sigh and turn towards Steven. I raise my shield before hitting the bubble with all my strength. It dissolves and they sprawl on the ground

"That was amazing!" The girl squeals.

"Uh Connie, this is my Auntie Purple Diamond. Auntie, this is Connie." Steven introduces with a blush.

"It's nice to meet you Connie. Please, call me Purple." I say kindly.

"That's an interesting name." She says with a smile.

"Well thank you. I like your name Connie." I tell her with a nod.

"Steven, why don't you invite Connie over for tea?" Pearl suggests with a wide smile. Garnet nods and Connie smiles back.

"I'd love to!" Connie squeals.

"Steven made a friend." I sigh happily as I watch them interact.