Jail Break

'Purple Diamond pov.'
"What are we going to do? What are they going to do? What if they hurt him?" I panic as Sapphire creates a light dusting of ice on the floor.

"Steven will be fine. It's hard to see which future will take place but he wont be hurt." Sapphire soothes as I glare at the forcefield keeping us in our cell.

"Don't do it." Sapphire warns. I sigh and look at the ground. I look up when Sapphire starts singing and smile a little before joining in. Our melodies mix and float through the air gently. I hear footsteps thud towards our cell a second before Jasper appears.

"Stop singing!" She roars as she slams a fist into the wall.

"Oh my sweet Jasper, they've brainwashed you. Your eyes." I mumble as I place a hand to my cheek.

"I'm not brainwashed! Peridot, take us back to Homeworld." She orders angrily.

"But what about the mission? The whole point of this was to check on the cluster!" Peridot squawks.

"Just do it!" Jasper shouts before disappearing down the hall.

"Go to earth they said, it'll be easy they said." Peridot laments as she walks the same way as Jasper. Sapphire goes back to singing as I hang my head. Perhaps if I had gotten to Jasper on time...

"Auntie?" My eyes snap up and I gasp.

"Steven!" I shout as I step close to the forcefield. It shocks me lightly and I take a step back.

"Your new clothes are so pretty! Too bad you had to be poofed to get them." Steven says as he reaches towards the forcefield.

"No wait-" Sapphire starts. He puts an arm through the forcefield and creates a small opening for us to crawl through.

"Thank you Steven." Sapphire says with a smile as I dust off my dress. Steven clamps his arms around me in a hug and I smile down at him softly.

"SAPPHIRE!" Ruby calls from faraway. Sapphire gasps and turns towards the direction of her voice. I grab Steven and we start sprinting through the ship. We enter a wide open area and Ruby comes into view. She gasps and tears pop into her eyes.

"Ruby!" Sapphire shouts as they embrace.

"Did they hurt you?"

"I'm fine. Did they hurt you?"

"Who cares?"

"I do!" Steven and I watch the exchange with fond smiles.

"Who are they?" Steven asks.

"Watch." I say quietly as Ruby spins Sapphire around. A glow surrounds them before Garnet appears with a laugh.

"Garnet! You're a Fusion? She's a Fusion?" Steven asks in wonder.

"I'm sorry. I know you wanted to surprise him on his birthday." I sigh.

"Did I...make a good first impression?" Steven asks shyly.

"Oh Steven, we already loved you." Garnet says warmly.

"Where is she?!" Jasper roars from far away.

"Jasper." I whisper with panicked eyes.

"You can't help her." Garnet says.

"I have to try! Jasper raised me Garnet, she was there when the other Diamonds weren't  and now they've brainwashed her into this mindless beast!" I say with tears in my eyes. The minute I came out of the ground, Jasper, Pink, and my first Agate were there for me. Jasper was never good with expressing emotion but she made me feel loved. Agate disappeared during the rebellion but I have a chance to save Jasper and I won't waste it.

"Alright. Steven, find the others, get to the control bridge." Garnet orders.

"I don't know where they are!" Steven cries. Garnet presses a kiss to his forehead and he smiles.

"Future vision." Steven whispers before running off just as Jasper reappears.

"You." She snarls as she advances.

"Jasper please." I say as I take a step forward.

"Get out of my way!" She roars as she charges us. I leap to the side and Garnet summons her gauntlets just in time to block her.

"Jasper no!" I scream as they start fighting. I summon my shield and block debri that's headed toward me. Jasper hits the ground and it crumbles to reveal the ships power source. Of course, out of this entire ship we're over the power source. I fall and grab the edge of the floor. I'm dangling right over the power source as they continue to battle below. I scrabble for purchase on the crumbling surface but even if I could pull myself up there's not enough space to stand, I'll have to hang here until help arrives.

"Garnet?" I call as I chance a look down. I squeak when I see the power source and close my eyes. More of the floor crumbles and I try to hold on. My eyes widen as the last bit of floor falls and I fall with it. I scream as I feel myself plummet. A ship's power source is enough to shatter even a Diamond. Right before I touch it, a large figure catches me. I keep my eyes closed as I grasp them tightly.

"You really need to stop endangering yourself kid. You're lucky I snapped out of it when you screamed." Jasper murmurs quietly as she cradles me close.

"Jasper." I sob as I hug her.

"I know." Jasper whispers as she hugs me back.

"Aw." Steven says. I open my eyes and turn to see him with Pearl, Amethyst, Turquoise, Lapis, and a roughed up looking Coral. I notice the green gem in Coral's hand and the limb enhancers in Amethysts arms and raise a brow.

"We're gonna condition her to be good." Turquoise says with a grin as Jasper sets me down. I run to my family and embrace them.

"Love you and you and you." I murmur as I distribute hugs and kisses.

"We should probably get home before the others target the ship." Coral deadpans.

"You know I actually forgot I'm the leader of a gem resistance for a few minutes." I say as I rub the back of my head.

"Oh Auntie." Steven says cutely as we all laugh.

"Lets go home."