Betrayal and Remembrance

So my BFF Amber (Yes, Amber is based off her) had this drawing of Purple Diamond made for me. She's the best! So much sadness in one little gem.

'Purple Diamond pov.'
"The drill is coming along nicely." I hum as I observe the contraption.

"It's a piece of junk." Jasper snorts. Lapis scoffs and blows her hair out of her eye. She was trapped in a cavern at the bottom of the ocean when the ship crashed and all that time alone made her a little emo, as the humans say.

"Jasper!" I squeak.

"Well it's almost ready to go, but we should do some tests first." Pearl suggests as she studies the blueprints her and Peridot made.

"Why are we not helping again?" Turquoise asks with a raised eyebrow. Today is one of the rare days she's not wearing her eye mask/visor and her eyes are full of mirth.

"I thought it would be a good redemption project for Peridot. And Steven has been enjoying himself. We should bring Connie up some time to give him company. She enjoys stuff like this correct?" I ask Amber. She shrugs with a goofy smile and I giggle.

"Lets ask Pearl. Pearl-" I'm cut off by Steven running out of the barn holding a...DIAMOND COMMUNICATION DEVICE!? He holds it out and Pearl squawks.

"She tried to contact the Diamonds from the moonbase?" She asks as she gingerly takes the device from him.

"Smash." I say.

"What?" Amethyst asks with a squint.

"Smash. It." I deadpan.

"I cant believe that after everything we've gone through she's still out to get us! I'm taking back all the cool names I made for her. So long Peri and P-dot, hello...ah I'm too mad!" Amethyst shouts with a hurt look. Honking comes from the barn and Steven pulls his hoodie up with a sad and angry look.

"I see she knows what a horn is now." Amber grunts. Jasper groans and covers her ears.

"It's probably better this way Steven. Like your mother, you see the best in everything, but some gems don't want to change." Garnet soothes as she places a hand on Steven's shoulder.

"She's right Ste-" I'm cut off by the barn wall exploding.

"Hahaha! Free, free!" Peridot laughs as she makes her robot dance.

"How did she escape?" Steven whines.

"Fools! Your shield was no match for me, once I applied logic!" Peridot cackles. Steven groans in frustration as we all run at her. She picks up the truck inside the barn and hurls it at us along with a huge rock. I squeak and several gems dive for me.

"I'm fine!" I shout in indignation as I end up in a dog pile with Amber, Japser, and Turquoise. Lapis was poofed by the truck but that's probably because she never willingly runs. Pearl and Amethyst hold the device above their heads with wide grins but Peridot snatches it with a cackle.

"See? You fools don't know what you're doing!" Peridot shouts as she runs off.

"Ohohohohokay! I'm ready for this!" Amethyst grins as she shapeshifts into a helicopter.

"Get in." She growls.

"Weird but I like the enthusiasm." I smile as we pile in. Jasper stays back with Lapis' gem in her hand and Pearl is pushed into Garnets lap which results in a ton of sexual tension. I grab Steven as he's having a crisis and leap beside Turquois. Amber grins excitedly as Amethyst lifts off and we take chase.

"What's up Perisnot!" Amethyst crows as we fly up beside the fleeing gem.

"Good one Amethyst!" Steven encourages as we all summon our weapons. Pearl and Amber throw a sword and spear at her before Garnet launches her Gauntlets. The robot falls down a small hill and we attack it. Steven looks to the side before yelling and running off.