Turquoise

'Purple Diamond pov.'
"But I'm right here my little Diamond." My eyes snap open and I sit up abruptly. There she is, my wonderful Turquoise, giving me that infuriating smirk with a sad look in her eyes. She opens her arms and I dive into them while sobbing loudly. I mumble apologies and I love you's rapidly while she embraces me and rubs my back. She runs her finger over my gem lightly and I calm down and snuggle into her.

"I thought you were gone." I whisper to her.

"I know." She replies. She presses light kisses to my neck and whispers comforting words that almost make me believe we'll be okay. We stay like this and look at the planets and stars as we travel past them.

"Space is rather beautiful." I say as we cuddle on the bed.

"Not as beautiful as you." She mumbles in my ear. I giggle and slap her arm jokingly.

"You goofball." I mumble. She replies with a quick peck to my cheek and rolls out of the bed. I get off of it as well and we walk to the elevator hand in hand. We arrive on the bridge and the others smile at us.

"We would have told you she was here but she wanted to surprise you." Azurite says with a big smile. Coral giggles in her arms and we all look at the monitor.

"We'll be on earth soon. Prepare yourselves, they might be hostile." I say as we near the planet. We enter the planets atmosphere and lock onto the gems location. We land with a crash and I start the cloaking device. I step into the elevator with the others surrounding me and I breathe in time with the soft whir. We land in the loading bay and the huge doors open to reveal four gems. Pink Diamond...no. Rose Quartz now. Her eyes widen when she sees me.

"Purple?" She asks. I look at her shield and smile. We always joked that her weapon influenced mine.

"Pink!" I shout as I run to hug her. She scoops me up and I sob.

"I'm sorry...I should have listened I'm sorry. They were going to shatter me and Green was going to let them!" I scream. She hums to me and I notice her stomach is slightly larger. She catches me looking and smiles.

"Purple, this is my child. They're going to be beautiful. They're going to be human." She says with a soft smile.

"What?" I gasp as I put a hand to her belly. A gem and a human mating? There have been ancient records of humans and gems being true mates but a child? Surely the offspring will die or become deformed. No. No that's Homeworld's beliefs ruining my thoughts.

"Oh my. How lovely. Well we can't call them Pi- I mean...Rose Quartz. I assume you've chosen human names?" I ask as she begins to lead us to her temple. It's modeled after a giant fusion.

"Yes. Steven for a boy, Nora for a girl." She says with a smile. I nod and look down.

"It's a lot to take in." The sad looking Pearl says. I nod and smile at her.

"Well Rose I want you to meet someone. Turquoise. My True Mate." I say with a smile. Turquoise and I smile at eachother and Rose squeals.

"I'm so happy for you!" She says as she squishes us both into a hug. I groan and giggle as my form wavers slightly. Rose sets us down and we walk into the small temple.

"Where is the baby going to live?" I ask Rose. She opens her mouth but falters.

"I...i hadn't thought about that. Greg lives in his van and it can't exactly live in the temple." She says worriedly.

"I have it. As an act of good faith, we build your child a home!" Jade says. Her accent is heavy with emotion.

"Oh. Really? You would do that?" Rose asks.

"You're my sister. It's the least we can do if we're going to join the rebellion. Besides, we need a base where all of us can stay. I love my ship but I can't live there for the rest of my existence." I say thoughtfully.

"We'll make the little humie a rockin house. Not over the top like a Diamond's residence but more than a simple human dwelling. I can totally see it now." Citrine says as she starts drawing in the sand. I watch over her shoulder and nod happily.

"What do you think sister?" I ask Rose. She peers down at the drawing and nods.

"It's perfect." She sighs. Turquoise uses her visor to snap a picture of the drawing and she displays it as a hologram up in the form of actual blueprints.

"Some minor detailing and this is gonna be off the chain." Citrine says as we all gather around the hologram.

"Why would it be on a chain?" Pearl asks. We all laugh as the sun goes down far across the water. The future is unclear, but I think we'll be okay.