1 month later

It had been about a month of me helping Jack eat and learn to walk again and to my surprise he recovered unbelievably quickly. But I refused to let Jack move back to his house so he stayed at my apartment so that I could keep my eye on him and we could work on well...work.

Throughout the month he'd somehow been able to completely avoid every conversation about Natalie, he's got a gift I tell you.

I made my way into the guest room where Jack had been sleeping to wake him up for his 4th eye examination. He was lucky that his legs and ribs healed in a month but he wasn't that fortunate in the eye department. He had been "blind" for what felt like forever, and him being 'blind' made it impossible for me to take care of him. He hadn't learned to do even the most basic daily things, everyday was a struggle for both of us.

"Hey Babe?" I called out to Jack who was laying on the bed reading a book with his hands. He had been going for classes so he could learn to read with his hands.

"Guess what?!" He said as his eyes flashed with amusement.

"What?" I asked as I stared at him. He looked like a kid on Christmas.

"There's something called a tonic lens..they say it has been helping blind people see!!" I looked over at him and smiled I felt a sudden rush of happiness through my body. I walked over to his night stand and picked up my copy of the same book, but with words.

"Bionic Jack, not Tonic. And plus you aren't blind, you are just visually impaired at the moment. You may regain your vision." I said.

"May. That doesn't mean that I will, and I want to see as soon as possible. I cant wait TIL I can see your perfect hazel brown eyes again." He said with a genuine smile. I blushed a bit but then snapped out of it.

"We can't afford bionic lenses."

"You can't, I can."

"What? How?" I said, he fell silent as I watched him play with his hands.

"The will." He said finally.

"What will?"

"My parents will."

"Oh." I said stunned. " He never talked about his parents, I can't believe that I never wondered why they weren't at the hospital when he was in the car crash. 

"Yeah, they died on a boat ride when I was 20, luckily they wrote a will." He seemed completely emotionless while talking about his parents, like there was this huge empty hole in his heart. I wish I didn't say anything, he was so happy a minute ago.

"I'm so sorry."

"Yeah me too. So when's the appointment?" He said changing the subject.

~*~

"I guess no bionic lenses." He said while he entered the car.

"I'm sorry babe, but you are doing so well, the doctor doesn't want to take any chances with your eyes. You may get your vision back! Isn't that even more exciting than bionic glasses?"

"Bionic Lenses, and no it's not."

"What's the hoopla about the lenses?"'

"Ill be able to see. For sure. "

"Your eyes are too sensitive right now. It's not a good idea and you know it."

"Fine mom.

"What did you just call me?"

" Mom. You were sounding like my mom."

"I not your mom."

"Well you help me eat, shave, brush-" I punched his arm playfully and then cracked up laughing . I guess I am a mom and He's my big baby.

This was a really short chapter that I was planning on deleting but hey why not just publish it for fun? Hope you liked it!