Epilogue

I posted this in the second book already but I thought I'd post it here too because why not. This chapter is Megan delivering the letter she wrote to Brandon, I'll include the last page of the letter here, if you want the full letter check out the second book. Enjoy!

~*~

I would lastly like to thank you for leaving me.

Yes you read that right.

Because if you didn't leave then I wouldn't have found love again with Jack. I wouldn't have become the person I am today without you. You will forever hold a special place in my heart.

Thank you for all the many little things you've done for me. Being the person I could talk to and helping me become a better person.

But most importantly....

Thank you for teaching me that life goes on. With or without us.

Those were my 13 things I wanted to say to you, the one that got away.

Hopefully one day I'll be able to actually put this letter in your hand. And actually mean everything I just said.

Tell you that I'm happy that we went our separate paths and then have the proper closure I've been wanting since the informal breakup over 10 years ago.

But until then,

I still love you.

From the stupid girl who broke your heart.

-Megan Brewer.

~THE END~

15 years after Brandon Left

I held tightly onto the letter moving it between both of my hands, trying to think of a better way of getting this letter to Brandon.

Mail was never my thing. I didn't like the thought of sending someone a note or a gift especially a personal one such as this, by air.

But then again I was flying to him. So it was still technically going by air. I had this idea after a specific event two years ago. To sum it up I walked in on Jack and Natalie. I didn't even hesitate to leave, I got a 27 second phone call from Jack asking why I wasn't at home, and I simply answered with, I'll tell my lawyer to call you. I knew there was something going on but I didn't want to believe anything. Jack continuously assured me it was nothing.

It was heart breaking at first but not as bad as Brandon, I was in denial for quite some time anyways.

A year after the court pronounced us divorced I rummaged through my drawers cleaning out all Jacks photos and notes. Everything that was about him.

When I stumbled across a letter.

I knew it was about time to send it off to Brandon, I didn't even know where he was or anything. But I wanted to give him the letter.

Something compelled me to give the letter to him, I wanted to so badly.

And here I was on a plane to New Hampshire, because according to Jack that's where he moved.

~*~

Ding Dong

I rang the door bell of a simple modern house. I heard some shouting and someone trip over something and what sounded like a child being scolded.

"I'm not going to buy any of your girl scout cookies please go to another house."

Brandon.

He didn't even make eye contact, he was about to shut the door when I found my voice.

"Brandon? " He looked good, he was dressed in business casual, hair a little out of place probably from tripping over something.

It had been so long but his eyes still shined like the ocean.

"Megan?" He said shocked.

"Yes it is me!" I yelled trying to fight back tears.

"Why are you here?"

"Honey what's going on out there?" A woman's voice called out from behind the door. "Oh hello! Are you a friend of Brandon?" Stunned I stuttered on my words.

"Um..sort of.." I said uncomfortably, she was so pretty.

Brandon stood there watching.

"Umm..this is for you..." I said handing him my letter.

"Um thanks? " he replied confused.

"Would you like to come in?" The lady asked.

"Umm..sure..." I said clearly uncomfortable.

"I'll get you some tea you can have a seat here." She said pointing to the living room, it was beautiful and full of light but I wasn't thinking too much about their interior design skills more about Brandon.

He was reading the letter. I sat awkwardly waiting. His expression didn't change a poker face the entire time.

Until finally he sighed.

"Megan...I. .."

"You what?" I pushed.

"I just.. I don't feel the same about you, it was fifteen years ago. I'm married, I have kids, I'm happy. "

"I didn't say I still liked you it's just.." I said trying to dwfend myself.

"Don't you think I'm done with your games? You don't love me, you didn't love Jack you loved the idea of love. But who could blame you? With all your sisters getting married. How would you have known any different? You were obsessed with love. Please, you still are. I loved you, but I couldn't take it. "
He said, shocking me.

" Brandon I-" I wanted to explain it all but what do you do when he truth has been slapped into your brain?

"No Megan. Please just leave. I cared about you but what's the point of this if you don't love me. I'm married and for the first time happy. I hope you find happiness some day too, you're a smart woman. You don't need relationship love to be happy even though you think you do."

"Brandon I'm sorry."

"I forgive you and I hope we can finally put this in the past. Good bye Megan." He said almost pained.

"Good bye Brandon." I said shocked but understanding. What did I even expect to get out of this?

I'm not built to get married. I don't know why I continuously forced it upon myself.

The saying is true.

I will always be the bridesmaid , never the bride.

And I will learn to accept that.

Someday.

~*~

Unfortunately, this story was never going to have a happy ending. Megan was a psycho who was addicted to the idea of love, thinking that to fulfil her life she would need to follow in her sisters footsteps and her married. It wouldn't be that bad if she wasn't breaking hearts, relationships, and hurting others feelings. Something that's a little out of the ordinary here on wattpad. I wrote this book for fun and I just so happened to post it. Thank you so much for all the support and love!

-Diana