Chapter Twenty-One

Chapter 21

(Alesia's point of view)

I threw a right punch at the punching bag that Jim was holding. I took this time training, to my advantage. I was going to prove that I was the best and I was going to take all my anger out in this training session.  Everything that happened last night was burned into the back of my mind. I tried to push it further back so I could fully focus on this but I just couldn't.  Hayden was in my mind and what Adam said was in my mind.

"Well your his mate anyway so you might as well."

HIS MATE?? There was no way that I was his mate. That just wasn't possible. He was my friend, nothing more than that. I didn't like him like that, I don't know if he liked me like that or not but I was hoping that was just Adam's drunkness talking.

After Adam had told me that,  Hayden had rushed me away from them and took me home. He hadn't tried to talk to me and I think I was in too much shock to even try to talk to him. My mouth was still hanging open after we had gotten home. Andrew had tried to talk to me but I just couldn't talk about it. I couldn't talk at all because of the shock I was in.  This morning, I was glad that Hayden hadn't come by and I was glad that I could come back to the gym. I had been wanting to come back since the day I got that brace on my arm. This was the only way that I could take my anger out. Especially the anger I had towards Hayden right now.

"Harder!" Jim screamed at me. I gave the hardest punches that I could. I hadn't lost my touch since I left. That was a good thing.

"Alesia, you got this!" Jim encouraged me. I threw my hardest punches and kicks. I had to unleash this anger. Or else someone else would get the bad end of the stick. Cough, cough, HAYDEN, cough cough.

I continued with my hardest punches for about another five minutes. Jim smiled and then told me to take a break. Jim was obviously impressed that I haven't lost my touch. I was glad about that as well. Ever since that stupid brace was put on my arm, I felt like I was weak. That I couldn't handle myself or fight for myself. Whenever I got around Hayden, I always felt like I was weak. Since he was a werewolf and I was his mate. That gave me chills. I can't even think about ever being his mate. Like seriously, I didn't like him that way. He was practically my first friend ever. I don't think I've ever liked a boy like that. Ever. I had always been focused on boxing and getting everything perfect.

I walked over to a bench and grabbed a bottle of water. I gulped it down like I hadn't had any water in weeks. I shook my head to try to clear it from the thoughts that were crowding it.

When it comes to Hayden and his crew, you're weak.

You can't protect yourself when you're around him.

They're werewolves. They're five times stronger than you.

You're weak.

I couldn't stand those thoughts being on my mind. They made me mad. They helped me with my fighting though. I was determined to be the best fighter around here. I didn't want anyone to ever think that they could push me around. They wouldn't get far. They would seriously get damaged, but what if they damaged me back? Stop thinking like that. You are strong. Stronger than most guys around here.

I took down one more gulp of water and started unstrapping my gloves from my hands. I threw them on the bench and then sat down. I let my arms rest of my knees as I leaned over. I was breathing hard from the training and I was loving every minute of it. I needed this.