Chapter Twenty-Three

Chapter 23<3 (Second to Last Chapter)

Alesia's Point Of View

The buzzer went off at 6:30 am. I rolled over in my bed. I don't even know why I had set that annoying thing to go off. I hadn't slept at all last night. I couldn't stop thinking about Hayden. Yesterday, he had kissed me three times and all three times it felt like he was kissing me to get out anger. He said that he couldn't be without me. He said that I couldn't be mad at him. I had dreamed about a guy, a hot guy, saying that to me my whole life but for some reason, I just couldn't accept it. None of this was making sense to me. When I was little, before I ever got into boxing, I believe in fairytales and happy ending. I thought my life would just fall in place and I would have that princess fairytale. I never thought it turn out like this. I never thought that the one guy that did like me, would be a creature. He was technically a monster. But I knew that he wouldn't hurt me. Something inside of me was telling me that. Another part of me was telling me that I had made the biggest mistake of my life telling him that he couldn't have me. Everything felt wrong. I had to let it slide though. I couldn't have anything distracting me today.

I got out of the bed and took a shower. I slipped on a grey sports bra with red basketball shorts. I pulled my hair back in a pony tail and then grabbed my bag. I grabbed an apple from the kitchen and then met Andrew in the living room. He was going to be taking me to the gym today because he wanted to go and practice with me. He had nothing else to do. So he decided to go with me. I was happy for that. Then if something happened then he can help me deal with it.

I munched on the apple as Andrew stood up from the couch. He was wearing a grey tanktop and red basketball shorts. We were matching. He had his old gym bag on the couch next to him.

"Feel better?" I asked.

"What?" He asked with a smile as he picked up his bag.

"Does it feel good having the feeling that you're going to the gym?" I asked.

"Yes." He answered. I munched on the apple some more as we exited the house. Andrew stopped beside his car and looked at me.

"What?" I asked.

"Why hasn't Hayden been over here much?" He asked.

"No reason." I answered, trying to avoid this conversation.

"What's wrong?" He asked.

"Hayden and I................don't really see eye to eye anymore." I answered.

"Oh." he opened the driver's door and then through his bag in the back. I opened the passenger's door and did the same.

"We're you two.......ever dating?" He asked, sitting in the car.

"No." I answered honestly.

"Okay, I get it. You don't want to talk to me about this." Andrew said, pulling out of the driveway.

"No, I don't." I answered honestly. The rest of the car ride was quiet. I was happy that he was coming with me. That way I might be able to focus on my boxing and not on Hayden.

~~~~~~

I was sparing with Andrew in the middle of the ring. I took a swing at him with my right hand but he blocked it with his left. I lifted my leg up, fast, and got a shot at his hip. He staggered back but then came forward to me again. I ducked before his fist could connect with my face and then spun around to the back of him. I kicked behind his knee and made him fall onto the mat. He spit out his mouth piece and then lifted his hands up.

"I surrender." He said chuckling. I put my foot onto his chest and then put my gloved hands on my fist. I smiled and then looked down at him.

"I always will beat you, my brother." I said. He chuckled some more and I joined along. I slipped off my gloves and then threw him down next to him. He slipped off his gloves and laid them next to mine. I put my mouth piece in my hands.