1

• Dedicated to Johto

           Masked

                You always wanted to know the real Silver.

You wanted to know him, to be able to be his friend, but for some reason, he would always push people away. The only person who you knew was close to him was his half sister Blue, but you felt like that wasn’t enough. Gold and Crystal promise you that they are close to him, but you don’t think that’s true.

                You always loved being near the red haired boy, even if you were not part of their group. You always tried to stay out of the way, but something kept making you run into him.

                Quite literally.

                One week you had ran into him about four times and it was only Monday. He thought you were doing it on purpose, but you blushed and denied it.

                One day, you were sitting in your homeroom, minding your own business when all of a sudden, Blue walked up to you.

“Hey ___!” She said, “What are you doing?” You blush and close the notebook you normally never bring to school. It was your diary, a very important thing to your heart. It contained all of your secrets since you met the red haired boy. Blue, being herself, reached for your notebook, but before you could protect it, she had it in her hands and was already flipping through it. She smiled more at every page, making you blush harder. After getting to the last page, she frowned, “Where’s the rest?” Blue questioned you, “Is this all? It’s all about Sil-” You put your hand over her mouth, begging her not to finish that sentence. She smirked under your hand and spoke through it, telling you that she wouldn’t say his name. You take your hand off of her mouth and she opens it again, “You like Silvy?” She questioned and you glared.

“Shut up Blue!” You answer, blushing, “I do not!” Blue almost laughed and you could tell she was holding back a laugh.

“Denial!” She squealed as you decided you didn’t feel too good. As soon as everyone was in their seat, you went up to the teacher and got a pass to go to the nurse’s office, seeing Silver writing in a notebook. You hadn’t noticed that Blue still had your diary.

                You spent the whole morning in the nurse’s office until she dismissed you to go to lunch. Your stomach did flips as you went to you locker to get your things for the class that came after lunch. You also had to get your food.

“____?”

“Yes?” You ask before turning. You’re heart starts to race as you see Silver standing behind you, all alone. You are the only two that hadn’t made it to lunch.

“Are you feeling okay?” He asked, which wasn’t something he would ask most people and you knew that. The first word that went into your mind was Blue, but you shrugged off that something was off.

“I guess,” You answered as you slammed your locker shut. You started to walk and he joined you, his lunch in his hand.

“Blue said you didn’t feel too good,” He muttered. You knew he wasn’t much of a talker and you were glad that he talked to you once in a while.

“It’s nothing,” You answer as you two continue to walk. You say nothing to him and he says nothing back you just enjoy spending time with him. As you two stop in front of the cafeteria doors, he gives you a quick hug, making you blush.

“Feel better ____,” You nod.

“Yeah,” Then you enter the lunch room to eat.

                You walk home alone after school, since you didn’t live too far from the school.

“Hey ___,” Someone calls as you started to leave. You turn around to see Silver walking toward you, his hands in his pockets. You thought he really looked cool when he did that and maybe a bit hotter as well. You blush at the thought as he stops next to you and takes one of his hands to take out something from his backpack. He hands you your diary and you blush.

“Where did you get this?” You whisper as he looks at you, no emotion in his face.

“Blue,” He answers coldly. You don’t blame him for being cold toward you after he read it. You look at the ground.

“Sorry,” You mutter as you try to run away. He takes your hand before you can, which really shocks you.

“Wait ____,” You hear him sigh, “You wrote some pretty nice things about me,” He said, “I wonder if you can really find the real me,” He let you go and walked past. You watched him and ran to catch up. You knew you could find the real Silver under that mask. Until you figured out how, he would just have to wait.