Prologue

Before you start reading this book, I would like to clarify something! 

There is a book two to this series, but it is about another character, not these two! It is the canon storyline up to their time. It is called FLY TIL DUSK!

There is an also a "second book" to this one also. It contains both of these characters again. You can read this before or after canon book two.

Thank you, and enjoy the story guys!

**

Raja always knew what was best. Stay in the cave.

It wasn't his natural instincts that had come to show his true calling. It was simply common sense that had screamed to him multiple times to stay in the cave. His body would twitch at the mere thought of stepping outside into the countless blizzards of the mountains raging its fury. He would pace in between the rough, rock walls to find something to do, anything. His lack of social interaction made him impatient to the said walls who took his needs by handling his hits.

It had been a long time since Raja had interacted with anyone, any organism. He swore that he was going mental, but it was dangerous to go out. His brothers and sisters only proved that point by never coming back when they went to hunt for food in the wilderness. He missed them dearly, but what was outside the dark cave he brooded in was unexplored territory to him. The moment he stepped outside into the depths of the white, pure snow, Raja would die like his siblings.

It was unheard of.

Raja sat down frustrated out of his mind. He wanted so badly to be free of the hell he was trapped him, but he knew best. Maybe, it was his fate to live in this cave forever for the rest of his lonely life? Had the Gods cursed him with such an path of mental crossroads? He huffed for the millionth time that night.

Maybe, it was time to crawl out of protective shell of his home, his cave, and live a little. Already full grown, he shouldn't be the one lying around doing nothing but cowardly shrinking deep into the darkness of the cave. He was suppose to be fierce! He was suppose to be the one that forced fear into anyone blocking his path! He shouldn't be rotting away like the flowers under the snow!

Raja decided it was time. It was finally time to become what he was suppose to represent!

A snow lion.

The first steps under his paws were hesitant, filled with doubt and regret. Soon, Raja got the hang of the coldness that felt like heaven under his leather pads. Snow rained down from the sky with little flurries. His white fur blended perfectly with his surroundings. He was finally in his natural habitat, and a new found acceptance the snowy forest emitted made him feel his very essence. Raja was truly happy for the first time in years he was trapped in that cave.

Raja figured out that he was more curious than he came to realize he really was. He sniffed all the trees that reaked of pine. His already moist nose became more when a certain squirrel leap from one branch to another. Raja snorted out some air that instantly condensed the moment it reached the mountain air. Raja became quite entertained by the little act of nature.

A crack of a stick snapped Raja out of his childish trance. His blue eyes flicked to the unknown threat just as quickly as his ears snapped up in attention. His incredible hearing heard another twig snap, and now Raja worried what was beyond the bushes that was doing a poor job of being stealthy. He quietly padded in the snow stopping only when he heard muffled noises.

"I think it's somewhere around here." One deep voice whispered. The noise of paper unfolding enveloped Raja's ears. His animal instincts took control as he barred his teeth at the threat. He lowered his upper body, so he could pounce any minute on the intruder of the snowy forest. his tail flicked back and forth in anticipation of what might happen next.