Chapter 3: Cinnamon Spice

Noble could sense that Mylo and Daley were worried about his sudden weird behavior. Being the good friends they were, they didn't question it. They knew that Noble could be quite dramatic sometimes since he was his mother personality wise. They just walked on the fresh snow that had been falling on them for the duration of their little walk. 

Noble's stomach felt somewhat weird, you could obviously point out. The feeling at the pit of his stomach kept busying his mind with unpleasant thoughts. First, it was the utmost feeling of dread. He could feel the pain of something. That something pushed his curiosity to the edge of the cliff of his mind, yet also his common sense pushed it back away from it. Sadly, he couldn't get rid of this feeling until he found himself leading his friends in front of the passage to the great wilderness.

"Noble?" Daley, a few feet away from him, grabbed his arm, snapping him out of his emotionless gaze in his grey eyes. His eyes never left the entrance to the unknown world beyond his reach. Noble was mentally frustrated. There was something calling out in help. He wanted to help so badly.  He couldn't, because Noble's feet refused to move one step forward to call back out.

"NOBLE!" Noble felt lips land on his, and he instantly backed away. He wiped his lips from the disgusting touch of Mylo's lips while Mylo had smirked at his abrupt reaction. Mylo soon realized that Noble was just acting even stranger. 

"Seriously, what's wrong with you? You've been all out it since the first of school." Mylo questioned Noble as Noble belittled under his best friends' gazes.

"N - noth - " Noble tried to answer, but was cut off.

"No, you're not giving us that B - S, so spill it, pumpkin before we force you to." Daley threatened.

"Y - You promise you won't think I'm crazy?" Noble stuttered, glancing back and forth between the two friends.

"Why would we think that?" Mylo asked before Daley had a chance.

"Well . . ." Noble paused, then continued, "Ever since this morning . . . I've been hearing things."

"What kind of things?" Daley questioned, getting a little too close to Noble's face for his own comfort.

"Well, I heard whimpers all third period, and then it got worse after school. I kept feeling like something bad was going to happen as I said before. I also heard a voice calling out for help, and well, I feel useless. It's not stopping, and I can't stand that I can't help in some way." Noble explained, "While we were taking our little walk here, my feet like I wasn't controlling them. Now, I'm here."

It was silent for a few minutes. Daley and Mylo kept staring at him, and Noble couldn't exactly pinpoint what they felt about his explanation that they most likely didn't believe one ounce of. Noble sighed, running his fingers through his light brown hair.

"Oh my god . . ." Daley cursed.

"What?"

"What's happening in that head of yours, Daley?"

"Noble, do you feel weird? Like, does your stomach feel like a heavyweight?" Daley asked, but before Noble could answer, she wrapped her arm around his shoulder, grinning like a madman, "I guess if your face expression is giving off a 'yes', then it means your almost there to meeting your spirit."

"Y-You're not j-joking me, are you Daley?" Noble stuttered, not believing a word out f his best friend's mouth. His grey eyes widened when her smirk just grew as wide as his surprise.

"Congratulations, Buddy." Mylo grinned, slapping Noble on the back. It took all of Noble's willpower to not screech in pure happiness. He wasn't a Beast dud after all! He wasn't as useless as he thought he was! He had to run home to tell his family that he now was a Beast tamer - almost.